TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Cannot score from the bench... early foul trouble.
    That ridiculous offensive foul call on Tookie is where the wheels came off.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

2. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

Got out rebounded 52-28. Tookie with a monster 2nd half (29 points). Him not playing most of the first half hurt.

Poor defensive effort. We just let them score at will....giving them a lot easy points right under basket

More of the same !

We have a lot of talent on this team. Not sure what the problem is but we were blown out. And while it was garbage time, Tookie scored 28 points in the final nine minutes, penetrating the lane and making shots. However, final score was not indicative of how poorly we played when it mattered.

Doubt we go far in the tournament this year but wait til next season. It will be the last hurrah for the big 2 and we'll have the 7- footer and Iowa transfer. Hope we can keep Byington and the staff together.
    Last edited by birdseye; 10th February 2018 at 07:49 PM.

1st let me say LALA is good. We had no answer for their 3 bigs. Washington is a beast, his 35th career double. LALA is "thick" physically, no string beans. Their quick and know offensively what to do in the paint. Now enough about them. I'm done, SET TOOKIE FREE!, no more assists! What I mean by that is Tookie needs to bring ball up the court and GO AT IT, either take it to rim and score or dish or fall back and shoot a 3 period. I don't care if he takes 30-40 shots. He was amazing in the second half, WHY?, because he was looking to score. IMO our only chance to finish this season strong is for TOOKIE to become a Gunner, a one man show.

(1) someone earlier asked if we had the same refs as the Ark State game (61 total fouls) No. This was a different crew that called 54 fouls.
    (2) The Cajuns played 9...8 transfers (3 seniors/grad students) (mostly from Louisville) and 1 recruited freshman.
    (3) Attendance 2687.

Ike took it to the rim tonight, I would imagine he was feeling better. I was told tonight he will need surgery after the season.

Free throw shooting needs to be addressed. It has been really bad these last 3 home games.
    #5 gives us zero production on the court.
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

Quote Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
    Free throw shooting needs to be addressed. It has been really bad these last 3 home games.
    #5 gives us zero production on the court.
    well he was 2 for 2 from the line, had some trouble scoring a FG(smile)