TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

LaLa is better than us. We do not match up well with them and they played a good game after not playing well Thursday. In my opinion, we have got to go to an 8 man rotation and leave Coye and Gladden on the bench. Both can not play at this level. I could say a lot more but I erased it. I appreciate both kids and I know they probably work hard in practice but that does not help us in games. How many more games do we need to see to quit doing the same thing. The rest of the bench plays ok and contributes to the team. I liked changing Jackson starter and subbing Jake. He made a big difference in starting the game. I hope Tookie got out of his slump and Ike looked really good early. Hoping we can win 2 more games and maybe win one in the tournament. The good news is that Texas State has fallen off as well. Maybe we can sneak in as #4 in the tournament. Looks like UTA will be #3 and we will fight for 4. Next year should be better.

We were 14-5 cruising into the GA State game. I realize Tookie didn't play but we have certainly been out of sync since then. Next year should be a better season. Perhaps the big year we hope for. Ain't gonna happen this season. Afraid we may not win but a few more games. Just hope TK doesn't "buy" our way into one of those laughing stock tournaments - CBI or the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    LaLa is better than us. We do not match up well with them and they played a good game after not playing well Thursday. In my opinion, we have got to go to an 8 man rotation and leave Coye and Gladden on the bench. Both can not play at this level. I could say a lot more but I erased it. I appreciate both kids and I know they probably work hard in practice but that does not help us in games. How many more games do we need to see to quit doing the same thing. The rest of the bench plays ok and contributes to the team. I liked changing Jackson starter and subbing Jake. He made a big difference in starting the game. I hope Tookie got out of his slump and Ike looked really good early. Hoping we can win 2 more games and maybe win one in the tournament. The good news is that Texas State has fallen off as well. Maybe we can sneak in as #4 in the tournament. Looks like UTA will be #3 and we will fight for 4. Next year should be better.
    +1 and just one thing to add, SET TOOKIE FREE, play the entire game offensively like we played the last ten minutes, if we do that we have a chance to finish the season strong.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    We were 14-5 cruising into the GA State game. I realize Tookie didn't play but we have certainly been out of sync since then. Next year should be a better season. Perhaps the big year we hope for. Ain't gonna happen this season. Afraid we may not win but a few more games. Just hope TK doesn't "buy" our way into one of those laughing stock tournaments - CBI or the other one.
    no post season if not NIT or NCAA.

ULL is a very good team and clearly better than us. But CB lost the game for us tonight, we probably don’t beat them anyway, but the player management tonight was terrible. How in the world to you have BJ on the court when you have Jackson,Jake, mike and Ike on the bench? Our offense is a joke, one on one basketball. Four guys standing on the 3 point line with one guy to try to get the rebound. ULL was putting up points like a pinball machine and we never changed defense. Just a terrible effect from our coaches tonight

“Next year” has been coming the past 3 years.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

7. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana @ Eagles

Such a disappointing season this turned out to be, and it is not the fault of the student athletes.

I hope Byington can manage to avoid embarrassing the program at home against our rival on national television this Friday.

Maybe we are sandbagging for the tourney, if not, well we are just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    “Next year” has been coming the past 3 years.
    I'd argue that "next year" has been coming at least since I became a student.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'd argue that "next year" has been coming at least since I became a student.
    Exactly my thought. The last two years we have said the same thing. It just is what it is at some point.