TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edwin Jackson's memorial

Default Re: Edwin Jackson's memorial

It's so hard to see someone so young in a casket, whether you're close to them or not.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Both coaches delivered great eulogies

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It's so hard to see someone so young in a casket, whether you're close to them or not.
    You're absolutely right! It got me seeing him laying there but im sure it does a lot of folks to see someone in a casket it just hits you!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    You're absolutely right! It got me seeing him laying there but im sure it does a lot of folks to see someone in a casket it just hits you!
    It does help with closure though.

Not getting that final look at someone can be devestating as well. When they just "disappear" it can be harder.

I also wanted to say that I watched Coach Fritz and Coach Monken's comments and was blown away by the high regard they held Edwin. I know there's not a lot of time for coaches, and I know it could be made to look like they're playing favorites...but I wish there would be more things we could hear like that about these guys. We see what happens on the football field every week, but I think it's a good thing to hear the good and the joy they bring to everyone's lives as well.

Other than the story about Edwin and Garrett in New Orleans, the other comment that Fritz made that had me rolling was when he talked about how Edwin didn't give up and didn't let those around him give up. When someone mentioned they were thinking about quitting he stated that Edwin said, "Well you can quit tomorrow, we getting ready to go to practice right now!"

I think Monken's love for Georgia Southern and Statesboro showed more, but I believe they showed equal love for their players. Both of them were extreme class acts.

I think his dad may post on here or read the boards but Jake Abraham made a touching post on twitter (one of many that I saw). Summary it didn't matter who you were, scout team or starter or ball boy. He treated everyone with respect and equally. Edwin helped talking Jake out of quitting.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I also wanted to say that I watched Coach Fritz and Coach Monken's comments and was blown away by the high regard they held Edwin. I know there's not a lot of time for coaches, and I know it could be made to look like they're playing favorites...but I wish there would be more things we could hear like that about these guys. We see what happens on the football field every week, but I think it's a good thing to hear the good and the joy they bring to everyone's lives as well.

Other than the story about Edwin and Garrett in New Orleans, the other comment that Fritz made that had me rolling was when he talked about how Edwin didn't give up and didn't let those around him give up. When someone mentioned they were thinking about quitting he stated that Edwin said, "Well you can quit tomorrow, we getting ready to go to practice right now!"

I think Monken's love for Georgia Southern and Statesboro showed more, but I believe they showed equal love for their players. Both of them were extreme class acts.
    You know those cheesy team-building exercises that ask you to envision the organization as an automobile and think of what part you are?

It sounds like Jackson would be something adding cold oxygen to the combustion cylinders - a radiator and supercharger in one.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

dam man i can't make it through the fritz's eulogy... this inhales vigorously Edwin was one of my all time favorite Eagles. Exemplified what Ga Southern is all about... from walk-on to NFL linebacker. Gone far too soon

9. Default Re: Edwin Jackson's memorial

It just makes me sick to my stomach that this tragedy happened to such a great young man, but I am happy to see such class acts surrounding he and his family at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    Both coaches delivered great eulogies
    2 very good HC's and 2 very very good men. Edwin touched them.