TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

1. Default Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

STATESBORO - College Football Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson and Georgia Southern alum has been named the director of student-athlete development for the Georgia Southern football program, as announced Tuesday by head coach Chad Lunsford. He takes over for Andrew Dodge, who moved to an on-field coaching assignment toward the end of the 2016 season.

http://www.gseagles.com/news/2018/2/...rds-staff.aspx
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

2. Default Re: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

Oh heck ya!

3. Default Re: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    STATESBORO - College Football Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson and Georgia Southern alum has been named the director of student-athlete development for the Georgia Southern football program, as announced Tuesday by head coach Chad Lunsford. He takes over for Andrew Dodge, who moved to an on-field coaching assignment toward the end of the 2016 season.

http://www.gseagles.com/news/2018/2/...rds-staff.aspx
    I got goose bumps when I read this, can’t think of a better person to guide our players and teach them how to GATA!

Default Re: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

Great selection. Congrat. and good luck Adrian

Lunsford gets it, whatever it is! Bringing in AP is icing on the cake of a great job putting together a staff. Of course, product on the field will ultimately determine that but he has the pieces in place to make this engine roar again. Can you imagine a Mom and/ or Dad coming on a recruiting trip with a kid that has a learning disability or that have family members with learning disability and they meet the AP and hear his story of success at GS. I would think that would fly really high cause it’s real life stuff. Great hire by CCL and GS.

I like it !

8. Default Re: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

I'm telling y'all. CL is the real deal. He has done one heck of a job with the new staff and recruiting!!

9. Default Re: Adrian Peterson Named to Lunsford’s Staff

After everything he's done for us and what he's gone through in his personal life, I hope we provide the most solid of foundations for him to build his career. It's the least we can do. I have absolute faith that he will give 110%!

I feel like we are making some REALLY REALLY good decisions lately (at least on paper). It seems like we are picking the right leaders, the right (experience proven) assistants, and now THIS! I don't think we could have done any better, or hired a more appropriate true blue person for the job. As someone who was a student while AP a player, and watching him both on and off the field since then, I am truly giddy about this hire!