TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact True Freshmen

Default Impact True Freshmen

What's your guess on which 2018 signees will make an impact right away?

These are the guys you might normally want to red shirt but will need:

1. CJ Wright - guy that seems to have a body of a college player and not a high school player. There will probably be a need for him somewhere (maybe even the OL)

2. Khalil Crowder - Big and athletic OL we will probably need this year.

3. Aaron Dowdell - see #2.

Guys that won't be needed as much as they are just good:

1. Quin Williams - might be the most impressive athlete (on paper) we've ever recruited.

Maybe Cross and Cunningham?
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: Impact True Freshmen

Cunningham is likely a given to RS.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

It’s hard to say, as I don’t see many positions where we need freshmen to step in/up. RB is the exception, but Cunningham will likely RS.

Cross, Ferguson, and Wright all look ready to go, but Cross in particular has a lot of veterans in front of him. Barganare and/or Ford will probably play, as we desperately need to develop more speed at WR.

The JUCOs Dowdell and Webb are locks to play some on the OL, but T is probably the only place where a newcomer could get a lot of snaps in 2018.

If I had to pick one true freshman who’s in position to get quality snaps, it would be Jontavious Ferguson. He’s the total package at ILB, and even if he’s a backup, he’ll likely see time. He’s the future.

Wild card: CJ Wright as a situational H-Back.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Our RB depth is thin. Wish we would have signed more RBs this season

The 3 I think will play the most are Ferguson, Devine, and Ford
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Here's a somewhat different question:

Based on film, who do you think is the "star" of this class?

This has nothing to do with chances of immediate PT, just the ability you see on film. Make yourself pick only one signee.

I'm going with Brandon Cross.

Haven’t watched film on everyone yet, but I would say Ford.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Our RB depth is thin. Wish we would have signed more RBs this season

The 3 I think will play the most are Ferguson, Devine, and Ford

Maybe we didn’t sign more RB’s because the staff doesn’t think our depth is thin. We have Fields and Garrett as “proven” players with Montgomery, Walker, and Laroche behind them. And my guess is either (or both) of Kennedy and Carter move to RB. That’s a pretty solid group that’s spread or among 4 classes.

I like our odds of finding 3 solid players out of that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Maybe we didn’t sign more RB’s because the staff doesn’t think our depth is thin. We have Fields and Garrett as “proven” players with Montgomery, Walker, and Laroche behind them. And my guess is either (or both) of Kennedy and Carter move to RB. That’s a pretty solid group that’s spread or among 4 classes.

I like our odds of finding 3 solid players out of that group.
    did some one say Carter?, please get this young man some more touches! This kid could be special if given the opportunity.

Curious to see how they treat it if the new redshirt rules are passed for next season, unless that decision was already made and I missed it. If we are able to play those guys late in the season it would be good for depth and for those guys. If RS rules change, I could see guys getting late season/bowl reps.

That being said, the 2 Juco transfer OL likely play some, unless coaching alone was the whole problem at OL.

CJ Wright, Elijah Campbell, and maybe Ferguson are in positions that lack of depth may get them on the field. I think most other places you can afford to redshirts those guys.
    Last edited by AcctEagle221; 27th February 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Here's a somewhat different question:

Based on film, who do you think is the "star" of this class?

This has nothing to do with chances of immediate PT, just the ability you see on film. Make yourself pick only one signee.

I'm going with Brandon Cross.
    One thing I think 247 got right is that Williams and Cross appear to be the best players in the class, at least going by cursory, cherry-picked highlights you get from places like hudl.

I'm wondering which position Cross will play because he could probably play many positions in the back 7. He might be a natural at nickel that takes on responsibilities of both a linebacker and DB.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 27th February 2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.