TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Impact True Freshmen

Default Re: Impact True Freshmen

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am not doubting the ability that everyone is claiming this kid has, as I am the wrong person to ask to review a highlight video and translate that into potential D1 production. However, I have to ask the obvious question, why is his list of offers so underwhelming?
    C.J. committed to Georgia Southern last summer and stated "once I give somebody my word, I won't change my mind." I'm sure a lot of schools would have heavily recruited him if not for his strong statement.

Before he committed to Georgia Southern, he had offers from Rutgers, Colorado State, Kansas State, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Marshall, Appalachian State, Charlotte and Tulane among others.

Bump.

So how does the change to the new redshirt rule affect this?

Do you wait until towards the end of the season to start playing true freshmen when they might be more mature and well-practiced? Or do you get them as much experience whenever you can (like maybe the end of the SCSU and Clemson games) even if they might be playing their fourth game early on?
    Last edited by BillyBob; 8th July 2018 at 03:24 PM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

3. Default Re: Impact True Freshmen

I think you just play them as needed in positions you are lacking depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I think you just play them as needed in positions you are lacking depth.
    My thinking would be to bring them in only if needed until they can play every remaining game and not go over 4 games.

But some might argue to give them lots of play in garbage time (like SCSU or Clemson) because they'll have more experience.

I don't know if the answer is all that obvious. I think it'll be interesting to see how we utilize the new rule.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

The new rule might allow the coaches to evaluate more of the freshmen in game-week and game-day situations.

I mean, I would think the rule would create more fluidity between the scout team and the depth chart for that reason.

Although maybe coaches already know all they need to know about personnel by the end of camp; I have no idea.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

It’s goin to vary from player to player.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    It’s goin to vary from player to player.
    +1, I still think how a kid performs on the scout team along with the early practices before the season gets started. I mean if you got a kid who is showing great improvement as the season progresses, you promote him to the varsity for the last 4 games. Any "great" true freshman, you already have them pegged and they arnt redshirted.