TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact True Freshmen

Default Re: Impact True Freshmen

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    One thing I think 247 got right is that Williams and Cross appear to be the best players in the class, at least going by cursory, cherry-picked highlights you get from places like hudl.

I'm wondering which position Cross will play because he could probably play many positions in the back 7. He might be a natural at nickel that takes on responsibilities of both a linebacker and DB.
    Williams is a freak, but he seems almost too good to be true, if you know what I mean.

Cross looks like a young Ironhead Gallon, but he's got serious CB coverage skills in addition to his physicality.

I'm surprised no one scooped him up after the UT coaching change, but I suppose most P5s filled their classes in December and didn't leave room for a 5'9" CB (unless he's the kind of CB who's a 4-5 star with the ball in his hands, which he doesn't seem to be).
    Last edited by pete4256; 27th February 2018 at 09:40 AM.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Haven’t watched film on everyone yet, but I would say Ford.
    I'd like to say Ford as well considering the opportunity he will get in this offense and his electric athletic ability!
    He reminds me of a Stedman Bailey from WVU

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Maybe we didn’t sign more RB’s because the staff doesn’t think our depth is thin. We have Fields and Garrett as “proven” players with Montgomery, Walker, and Laroche behind them. And my guess is either (or both) of Kennedy and Carter move to RB. That’s a pretty solid group that’s spread or among 4 classes.

I like our odds of finding 3 solid players out of that group.
    Yeah, we've got numbers there, but their lack of experience makes me nervous. I'm glad we got a power back in Cunningham, but I wish we could have added Tyleek Collins, who could play RB or WR as needed.

What happened to him, BTW? JUCO?
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yeah, we've got numbers there, but their lack of experience makes me nervous. I'm glad we got a power back in Cunningham, but I wish we could have added Tyleek Collins, who could play RB or WR as needed.

What happened to him, BTW? JUCO?

UNLV

My guess is that Foster and Lunsford really like what they have in Walker and Laroche and plan to move atleast Kennedy to RB. Atleast that's what our recruiting strategy would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

UNLV

My guess is that Foster and Lunsford really like what they have in Walker and Laroche and plan to move atleast Kennedy to RB. Atleast that's what our recruiting strategy would say.
    Kennedy to RB seems logical as well. They want to get him on the field

UNLV

I like those guys, too. I think Kennedy needs to be on the field and get touches, but he's gonna be a change-of-pace RB at 160 lbs or so.

Someone needs to emerge as a short yardage back.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

7. Default Re: Impact True Freshmen

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Kennedy to RB seems logical as well. They want to get him on the field
    Wouldn't he replace Campbell in the slot? I just do know how long he would last at RB, unless he put on some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wouldn't he replace Campbell in the slot? I just do know how long he would last at RB, unless he put on some weight.
    It's hard to say how often we'll use a slot. Part of the reason that Kennedy wasn't on the field more often last season is that we didn't use a slot much on first or second down.

DeBesse also seemed to like using two-back sets plus an H-Back at UNM.

My thought is that Kennedy could play both as needed . . . if he's good enough to warrant it.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

It's hard to say how often we'll use a slot. Part of the reason that Kennedy wasn't on the field more often last season is that we didn't use a slot much on first or second down.

DeBesse also seemed to like using two-back sets plus an H-Back at UNM.

My thought is that Kennedy could play both as needed . . . if he's good enough to warrant it.

Yeah the slot was pretty much a complete waste last year. I think like Most I envisioned the slot playing a much bigger role in the running game. Of course that would have taken atleast an ounce of creativity.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I like those guys, too. I think Kennedy needs to be on the field and get touches, but he's gonna be a change-of-pace RB at 160 lbs or so.

Someone needs to emerge as a short yardage back.

Depends on what his body does. Remember Brieda was thought of as a 160 lb change of pace back after his (also wasted) freshman year. Same thing for McKinnon. Now I’m not saying that Kennedy will be able to bulk up like those two did, but if he does then he can be the every down back that they became.

As for the short yardage back....Fields. He’s an every down back.