TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Default Georgia State to host Army in 2019

2. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Monken will not allow us on his schedule. He says it’s for sentimental reasons but the real reason is that Army doesn’t need to play us.

3. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by chiefeagle View Post
    Would like to play Army there!
    +1

The H&H with ECU is a nice get, too.

Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Monken will not allow us on his schedule. He says it’s for sentimental reasons but the real reason is that Army doesn’t need to play us.
    He is playing them because he's looking for easy wins (or at least games that he thinks will be easy wins). He is basically doing what Paul Johnson did when he started at Navy...fill up the schedule with easy game.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I’m sorry to break it to y’all but we are an easy team and GagState has the better program now. They have a solid coach, good stadium with great locker room and can sell recruits on playing in the ATL and to be the change. We need to quit kidding ourselves about State. They probably got a nice game with Army because they have the money to put down for a nice guarantee. That is the real reason. We will not win any bidding wars with them. Makes me ill but the truth sometimes hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I’m sorry to break it to y’all but we are an easy team and GagState has the better program now. They have a solid coach, good stadium with great locker room and can sell recruits on playing in the ATL and to be the change. We need to quit kidding ourselves about State. They probably got a nice game with Army because they have the money to put down for a nice guarantee. That is the real reason. We will not win any bidding wars with them. Makes me ill but the truth sometimes hurts.
    I don’t disagree with a lot you are saying, but I do not believe they are the “better program”, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I don’t disagree with a lot you are saying, but I do not believe they are the “better program”, not by a long shot.
    +1

These are the G5 games Army has played (aside from the other service academies which are a lot like conference games) the last couple of seasons.
    Hawaii
    Buffalo
    San Jose State
    Miami Ohio
    Eastern Michigan
    Tulane
    UTEP
    Rice
    Temple
    North Texas

Clearly only the big boys of the G5 are on Army's radar, right?

Now State might be having it together yet still and has done well lately but don't be ridiculous and act like two seasons define a program.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 3rd March 2018 at 11:07 AM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but Gag St has exactly 1 winning season, overall with losses (yea UNH I know) to NAIA, DII (yes I know West Ga), and FCS teams. A team that can't beat the NCAA 15,000 minimum without help from the away team fans, does not have a lot of money for a H&H. A quick Google search and their only other H&H is with Charlotte.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Roster wise, I'd agree. Better program? I would like to revisit that topic at the end of 2018.