TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

1. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud. You must be in Army JROTC or something.
    Not! just find your preference for Naval officers over Army officer's in an Army/Navy game is a bit hypocritical of you when you allegedly served in the Army. But hey maybe you float better than you do digging a foxhole.😜

Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

A 'coastie' is military? I thought you guys were under the Department of Transportation.
    Once upon a time that was true!

3. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

A 'coastie' is military? I thought you guys were under the Department of Transportation.
    Homeland Security, IIRC

Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    GS vs G State... who has the better AD?

and... Go!
    Interesting timing connection between when ASU cruised past us in football and etc and when GaSt cruised past us in pretty much everything......
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

5. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Not! just find your preference for Naval officers over Army officer's in an Army/Navy game is a bit hypocritical of you when you allegedly served in the Army. But hey maybe you float better than you do digging a foxhole.
    Maybe so. Still, I bet you I've dug more fighting positions than you have.

You serve?
    If so, talk your **** Eisenhower and I'm cool with it.

If not, don't come anywhere near anyone who has with any sort of judgement about their service. I may not've been an *** kissing soldier of the month candidate or the perfect soldier, but I did my six years in regular Army combat arms, got an honorable discharge and some college money and I'll be happy to meet you anywhere you want with my DD214 to prove it.

Now, all that said, being older, I'm mellower now. I pull for Army these days because of Monken, and because I have respect for the young men and women who sign up in a time of war. But I don't mind seeing Navy win because those kids also also are about to go into harms way.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

6. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Once upon a time that was true!

I'm mostly jealous.
    They wouldn't let me in the coast guard after I got a DUI.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”

7. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Maybe so. Still, I bet you I've dug more fighting positions than you have.

You serve?
    If so, talk your **** Eisenhower and I'm cool with it.

If not, don't come anywhere near anyone who has with any sort of judgement about their service. I may not've been an *** kissing soldier of the month candidate or the perfect soldier, but I did my six years in regular Army combat arms, got an honorable discharge and some college money and I'll be happy to meet you anywhere you want with my DD214 to prove it.
    You don't have to be kiss xxx to be a good soldier, in fact usually the opposite is true. Your six years of service doesn't even come close to mine. But that's okay I respect and appreciate your service regardless how long you served. Army/Navy officers both have their share of pricks. Especially some of those brand new LT platoon leaders. 😀 I pull for both Army and Navy during the season. But always Army when they play Navy.

8. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You don't have to be kiss xxx to be a good soldier, in fact usually the opposite is true. Your six years of service doesn't even come close to mine. But that's okay I respect and appreciate your service regardless how long you served. Army/Navy officers both have their share of pricks. Especially some of those brand new LT platoon leaders. 😀 I pull for both Army and Navy during the season. But always Army when they play Navy.
    Back at you, thanks for your service and go Navy.

PS. I grew up in Army as an Army brat (enlisted), did my time and appreciate the institution. It has played a central role in most of my life. It's the dick West Pointers I am ambivalent about. But, as I think I said earlier, one of the battery commanders I respected most was a West Pointer.

And I thought Stormin Norman was a bad dude and a great American.