TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

State also has home and none's with UNC, ECU, and Vandy.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I don’t disagree with a lot you are saying, but I do not believe they are the “better program”, not by a long shot.

Their program definitely isn’t even close to ours. Have they put a better product on the field the past 2 years? Absolutely. Although if we play them 1 game later this past year that probably becomes a very debatable statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Roster wise, I'd agree. Better program? I would like to revisit that topic at the end of 2018.

To me 2018 doesn’t affect the program argument one bit. To me seasons and rosters have an ebb and flow to them but programs are consistent. For instance there have been and will be seasons where Ga Tech has a better season than UGA. But they will never have a better program.

That’s the way i look at it atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Atlanta is an easier sell than Statesboro for power 5 teams. A lot more UNC fans in Atlanta area than the Savannah region, I would assume. Same goes for Vandy.

As far as the better program. Shawn Elliott is a really good coach and Tyson Summers was not. Naturally their product was better this past year. Their team was better. They still have no fan base, they are in a market they will never be relevant in, have awful practice facilities and play in a stadium that people still call Turner Field. The fact that Elliott didn't dominate every team in the conference when it came to recruiting shows the ceiling for the program. I thing any athletic director and head coach in the country would chose our program over theirs.

I prefer to look at how programs are trending. When you compare the two programs over the past few years the fact is that GagSt has been trending up and we have been trending down. I would also say this applies not only to football but both athletic departments in general. We can certainly reverse the trend but anyone who thinks our athletic program is currently far superior to GagSt is kidding themselves.

But they are still GAGState

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I’m sorry to break it to y’all but we are an easy team and GagState has the better program now. They have a solid coach, good stadium with great locker room and can sell recruits on playing in the ATL and to be the change. We need to quit kidding ourselves about State. They probably got a nice game with Army because they have the money to put down for a nice guarantee. That is the real reason. We will not win any bidding wars with them. Makes me ill but the truth sometimes hurts.
    Haha......... with ZERO fan base

8. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Monken knows better than to schedule us.

in a good year, we would beat him like a bongo

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Monken knows better than to schedule us.

in a good year, we would beat him like a bongo
    Monken ain’t stupid! Personally I’d love to have a home and Home vs Army since I live 45 minutes from their stadium, but it ain’t happening anytime soon. Scheduling Georgia State has many advantages these days since Atlanta and their suburbs have so many recruits. It expands the visiting teams exposure when they defeat the Home team by 3 TD’s on a baseball field.

10. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    But they are still GAGState
    Call them what you want, but that will not change the fact that have owned us in nearly every sport as of late.