TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Call them what you want, but that will not change the fact that have owned us in nearly every sport as of late.
    This...

But they are still GagState. ��

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I don’t disagree with a lot you are saying, but I do not believe they are the “better program”, not by a long shot.
    You might be kidding yourself.

They have a bigger budget and they're 3-1 against us since they moved to the FBS.

Maybe we have a better history...but that's about it. We have NOTHING recent to hang over their head. We are trying to sell recruits on an FCS history of winning. We have some decent facilities, a "blue collar" culture, and a nice little fan base...that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Atlanta is an easier sell than Statesboro for power 5 teams. A lot more UNC fans in Atlanta area than the Savannah region, I would assume. Same goes for Vandy.

As far as the better program. Shawn Elliott is a really good coach and Tyson Summers was not. Naturally their product was better this past year. Their team was better. They still have no fan base, they are in a market they will never be relevant in, have awful practice facilities and play in a stadium that people still call Turner Field. The fact that Elliott didn't dominate every team in the conference when it came to recruiting shows the ceiling for the program. I thing any athletic director and head coach in the country would chose our program over theirs.
    This is really speculative and I don't think there's much truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

They have a bigger budget and they're 3-1 against us since they moved to the FBS.

Maybe we have a better history...but that's about it. We have NOTHING recent to hang over their head. We are trying to sell recruits on an FCS history of winning. We have some decent facilities, a "blue collar" culture, and a nice little fan base...that's about it.
    Southern has lost to their program (unfortunately for them, Southern has lost to EVERYONE during the TS era). Basically defeating GS hasn’t been a tough task. Southern has excellent facilities for a program entering the SBC. Our culture is not DIVA and not URBAN CITY SCUM! As for a nice little fan base, ask a majority of the nation WHO GS is compared to State and the answer will always be WHO is Georgia State? Football fans outside of Georgia KNOW Southern program while they know NOTHING about State.

A better program is not built in two or three years. I think you are the one kidding yourself. But then again, it fits your mantra of negativity.

6. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Southern has lost to their program (unfortunately for them, Southern has lost to EVERYONE during the TS era). Basically defeating GS hasn’t been a tough task. Southern has excellent facilities for a program entering the SBC. Our culture is not DIVA and not URBAN CITY SCUM! As for a nice little fan base, ask a majority of the nation WHO GS is compared to State and the answer will always be WHO is Georgia State? Football fans outside of Georgia KNOW Southern program while they know NOTHING about State.
    I currently reside in a state far from Georgia, in a city much more populated then ATL and I run into nobody that has heard of Ga Southern, outside of transplants from that region.

I have lived here for years and I do not recall anyone being familiar with Southern, and I wear GS gear around town religiously. Actually, I have run into more people that were familiar with State (because they beat Baylor in the NCAA tournament).

Unfortunately, most of Buzz's points are reality, IMO.

We must be doing a great job of selling recruits then. We've out recruited them by a wide margin every single year but one, and that was Tyson Summers' second year.

You've made your opinion clear about Tyson Summers' coaching ability. Do you think any decent coach would have lost the last 2 to them?

I realize some of you guys pride yourselves on being the realists of the board who love to put the homers in their place, but come on. Anybody who has never heard of Georgia Southern honestly doesn't follow college football all that closely. They people I talk to from other parts of the country who actually follow the game know of us as a "smaller" school who plays good football. They definitely know that we are the program that Erk Russell started. And more recently, everybody knows about the Florida game.

9. Default Re: Georgia State to host Army in 2019

Could you imagine the number of Army fans that would come to Paulson with Ft. Stewart, Ft. Benning, Ft. Jackson and Hunter in close proximity. It would be overflowing and a awesome Military Appreciation Day.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    Could you imagine the number of Army fans that would come to Paulson with Ft. Stewart, Ft. Benning, Ft. Jackson and Hunter in close proximity. It would be overflowing and a awesome Military Appreciation Day.
    In reality, besides Army v. Navy, most military guys don't care about the academy teams, unless they attended West Point or Annapolis. Now if you offer a group package to each base to bring a bus or 2, or offer free tix, then I'm sure they will show up. And do we really want our stadium overrun by folks cheering for the other team?