TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The problem is the forced rivalry that was made. Why not make it a football only trophy like the dozens of other schools? Some for like 100 years. If State did not want to do a football only trophy, then f em. We won't do one at all.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Should have been a football only trophy.

Winner gets it at the end of the game. We'd have very little complaints then....other than normal "we need to beat them" conversations.
    Agreed. I'm not aware of any "all sports" rivalry trophies. All I have ever heard of are football only ones.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

3. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Agreed. I'm not aware of any "all sports" rivalry trophies. All I have ever heard of are football only ones.
    Unfortunately, that is a thing of the past. In 2018 you cannot get away with organizing something like that without including less fortunate sports, academics, community service, hugs, kissing babies, rainbow chasing, etc. Smh.

The only way around that is if the student-athletetes organize something to play for among themselves.

LoL, say what you want about Ron Hunter, but that's a nice sound bite. The guy is a good motivator.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

5. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

LoL, say what you want about Ron Hunter, but that's a nice sound bite. The guy is a good motivator.
    Lol

+1

I cannot stand that man, but I would not hate it if Byington had more of a motivational skill set. I feel asleep when ESPN2 showed him talking to the team before the State game in Hanner.

Sadly, those comments will make Hunter more likable and provide more national attention for State. Thousands of people Liking that tweet and millions seeing them on their brackets, depressing.

6. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Good point that CMB is first and foremost not the best motivator..state or not I agree with Ron hunter thatís so accurate when it comes to special treatment for big time programs

CMB>CRH any day of the week. Take Sessions off of GagStates team for the tournament and see how they do. I think CMB was dealt a tough hand but I never once heard him complain about it or use it as an excuse. CRH would have cried all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    CMB>CRH any day of the week. Take Sessions off of GagStates team for the tournament and see how they do. I think CMB was dealt a tough hand but I never once heard him complain about it or use it as an excuse. CRH would have cried all the way home.
    People always say that...."Take (player that the coach recruited) off the team and they're nothing."

Why doesn't he get credit for that?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

9. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    People always say that...."Take (player that the coach recruited) off the team and they're nothing."

+1

I will never understand that statement, especially in basketball. Take Tookie out of our line up and... well... we saw what happened in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post

How would have our season gone without Tookie, 3 time All Sun Belt player? Take Tookie off us and we are a 15 win team max.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"