TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    I was thinking the opposite. But either way we need To be focused and ready to play
    +1, we do not match up well with ULM. I expect a very difficult game.

Monroe has won 9 of their last 12. Not a good time to play them.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    ULM gives us fits with their defense. Without 473 fouls we blow ArkSt out of the water. No matter what, you have to win no matter who it is. I will say, it defeats the purpose of having a bye if the teams get an off day before the second round anyways.
    It defeats the purpose of having a regular season if everyone gets to play in a conference tournament anyways

ULM is playing good basketball right now. I thought Munnings was one of the best players I saw in Hanner this year. He can shoot 3s but also is a slasher to the ring. They play a 5 guard system. McDaniel is a really thick guard who can be physical but also shoot the three. He hit the big 3 in Hanner that beat us. Don’t forget that this team came to Ga and swept both games in OT. They don’t get tired. Munnings played 45 minutes against us and I believe GagState. The guy has a motor that doesn’t stop.

I think Glenn is the key to this game. He will need to be big inside and create some scoring opportunities and dominate the glass. If he gets a double-double we should win the game.

Anybody else getting a bad feeling?? We're playing in their home state, they'll probably have a decent contingent of fans. On a roll. A day off to get their legs back under them. We don't match up well with them. Just go ahead kick me in the jimmies now so I'll be prepared for the one-and-done.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Anybody else getting a bad feeling?? We're playing in their home state, they'll probably have a decent contingent of fans. On a roll. A day off to get their legs back under them. We don't match up well with them. Just go ahead kick me in the jimmies now so I'll be prepared for the one-and-done.
    We are playing good ball also but from here on out we will need to shoot well, have minimal turnovers(make each offensive possession count) and continue to play good defense. GagSt has Troy so that should be a tough game too. If we make it to the dance we will have earned it. No "gimmes".

7. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Their may be a handful of ULM fans, but I am sure the arena will be empty.

One other thought, CCU got knocked out in first round, finished the season 4 games under .500. I guess all that money they payed last season to enter that bogus post season tournament really paid off, got them prepared for this season, you know, with the extra practice and all.(LOL)

9. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Monroe has won 9 of their last 12. Not a good time to play them.
    But they lost 2 of their last 3 regular season games, against weak teams. We should have no problem with ULM.

10. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

I wonder if the Sunbelt will do anything with McDaniels of ULM? A little pushing and shoving between him and the AState player in the second quarter resulted in technical fouls on both, but the replay clearly showed McDaniels of pushing the hands away and making contact with the official. I was surprised he was not ejected/ Do these types of incidents where an official is touched by the player result in a game suspension on the player?
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.