TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I have no doubt Vanardo can beat there bigs, my concern is Troy stopping Simonds penetration. Keep Simonds deep, he isn't a great outside shooter.
    Get the guy flustered. Thats all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    and that frustration mounts every time you deny him a easy penetration.

Him hanging his head at the end of that GaState game while it was still within reasonable reach was all you needed to know about how his head effects his game. Was so focused on his poor performance that he couldn't even cheer on his teammates in a game they still could have easily won.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Him hanging his head at the end of that GaState game while it was still within reasonable reach was all you needed to know about how his head effects his game. Was so focused on his poor performance that he couldn't even cheer on his teammates in a game they still could have easily won.
    Attitude reflects leadership. And GagSt has the leagueís most bipolar coach.

There are reasonable criticisms for Byington, but you never see him creating a sideshow on the bench and he never has bad body language or seems to hold back even in the final minutes of lost causes.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Attitude reflects leadership. And GagSt has the league’s most bipolar coach.

There are reasonable criticisms for Byington, but you never see him creating a sideshow on the bench and he never has bad body language or seems to hold back even in the final minutes of lost causes.

They are definitely the two extremes. I wish Byington had a little bit more of Hunter's coaching style in him and I'm sure many Ga St fans probably wish Hunter had a little bit more of Byington's style in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Well the problem is that the guy gets you flustered more than you get him flustered. In order to get him flustered you actually have to stop him and that isn't an easy thing to do at all. So it really doesn't come down to getting him flustered, it comes down to defending him and keeping him from scoring. And like Garns said that starts with forcing him to shoot as many jumpers as possible.

Basically I don't think he doesn't score because he gets flustered. He gets flustered because he doesn't score.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

7. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and that frustration mounts every time you deny him a easy penetration.
    Yeah, IMO he needs to hear the whistle blown against him more often when he is taking 6 steps to carry the ball to the basket like a football RB.

8. Default Re: 2018 SUN BELT MENíS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Attitude reflects leadership. And GagSt has the league’s most bipolar coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Anybody else getting a bad feeling?? We're playing in their home state, they'll probably have a decent contingent of fans. On a roll. A day off to get their legs back under them. We don't match up well with them. Just go ahead kick me in the jimmies now so I'll be prepared for the one-and-done.
    Monroe is further from New Orleans than Atlanta is from Statesboro, I don't think they'll have a huge contingent of fans.

Unrelated, but I had to work in Monroe earlier this year. Imagine a place stuck in the 70's, with brown water that's "perfectly safe to drink". Seriously, the hotel I stayed in had a note next to the sink saying "we understand the discoloration of the water, but the City of Monroe assures you that it is safe to both drink and bathe in."

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Monroe is further from New Orleans than Atlanta is from Statesboro, I don't think they'll have a huge contingent of fans.

Unrelated, but I had to work in Monroe earlier this year. Imagine a place stuck in the 70's, with brown water that's "perfectly safe to drink". Seriously, the hotel I stayed in had a note next to the sink saying "we understand the discoloration of the water, but the City of Monroe assures you that it is safe to both drink and bathe in."
    😳