TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach CL is a welcomed breath of fresh air

1. Default Re: Coach CL is a welcomed breath of fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    The good vibe is that CL has had plenty of experience under both Monken and Fritz.
    Well, CL is being compensated considerably more then those two guys, so logic dictates expectations for more success then them. I just hope we still have "good vibes" after toe meets leather.

2. Default Re: Coach CL is a welcomed breath of fresh air

He encompasses everything we could ask for in a coach

Default Re: Coach CL is a welcomed breath of fresh air

I'm going to take the cautiously optimistic approach. He's said the right things and done the right marketing. now let's see how he coaches during a real game.

I have full faith that CL will do a solid job coaching GS and instilling GS traditions. Please do not compare but I have always wondered how Bill Curry never became the great coach that I thought he would be. Played under Bobby Dodd, Vince Lombardi and Don Shula. With that pedigree, he walked away from Tech stating that he could not win a championship there with the academic restrictions, only 4 years before George O'Leary ran the table. Just seems that he would have learned something, even if was only to quit coaching before you take over the Gag State kitty kats.

Coach DeBesse recently commented that we have a clear vision of where we’re going and the personnel in place to achieve our goals.😁

CCL definitely has a Monken approach from the motivation and passion side. If he isn't the analytical guy Fritz is, he knows to hire guys that have that as a strong suit. DeBesse and Sloan both seem very detail oriented, which would mesh well with what CCL brings motivationally.
    I will go on record saying that we need to keep the S&C very happy. The fire he brings to the weight room reminds me of Bama's guy that Saban has credited as his secret weapon.

7. Default Re: Coach CL is a welcomed breath of fresh air

Cautiously optimistic. Along way from fruition. But strongly believe we're on the correct and steady course for returning to where we are supposed to be and never should have fallen. GATA.

I ran into Coach DeBesse and Coach Hudson out having dinner. Both great guys but you could sense the intensity. Neither one of them had two words to say while we sat next to them. I did what I could to lighten the atmosphere but they had none of it. They must've just left the film room. Seemed hyper focused.

It's going to be a loong rest of the off season for these fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    CCL definitely has a Monken approach from the motivation and passion side. If he isn't the analytical guy Fritz is, he knows to hire guys that have that as a strong suit. DeBesse and Sloan both seem very detail oriented, which would mesh well with what CCL brings motivationally.
    I will go on record saying that we need to keep the S&C very happy. The fire he brings to the weight room reminds me of Bama's guy that Saban has credited as his secret weapon.
    It's all about covering all of the bases. When I hire someone, the last thing I want is a carbon copy of me. There are spots where I know I'm not the best, as well as things that I do enough of for two people. You don't have to clash with people, but it's always good to have someone on your team who sees things totally different from you. When you hit trouble, maybe someone else's approach - that you never would have tried - is what keeps one bad game from becoming two or more.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Russell View Post
    I have full faith that CL will do a solid job coaching GS and instilling GS traditions. Please do not compare but I have always wondered how Bill Curry never became the great coach that I thought he would be. Played under Bobby Dodd, Vince Lombardi and Don Shula. With that pedigree, he walked away from Tech stating that he could not win a championship there with the academic restrictions, only 4 years before George O'Leary ran the table. Just seems that he would have learned something, even if was only to quit coaching before you take over the Gag State kitty kats.
    Bobby Ross not George O'Leary
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC