TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dinner with Coach and AP

Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Geechee, you got quite a bit of camera time. Hate that Chad and AP didn't make it in. And I did have to laugh at them saying it was outside of Savannah. Yeah, just a little.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Geechee, you got quite a bit of camera time. Hate that Chad and AP didn't make it in. And I did have to laugh at them saying it was outside of Savannah. Yeah, just a little.
    I DVR'ed it but was wondering how they fit this into Savannah. Just outside Savannah? Yea and Statesboro is just outside of Atlanta.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    AP actually had to leave for another engagement before the taping started. Coach's part was really good. Not sure why they did not use it. Maybe some sort of license issue. I know they removed all of the UGA stuff before the taping started.

Man V Food is a Travel Channel product now and not a food network production. They generally go to a different region of the country each week and highlight a couple of other good dining spots as a prelude to the "challenge" spot.

That is how the producer explained it to me.

I did my best "Dragline" (George Kennedy) take-off from the boiled egg eating wager scene from "Cool Hand Luke".

It was fun. Casey Webb is a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    AP actually had to leave for another engagement before the taping started. Coach's part was really good. Not sure why they did not use it. Maybe some sort of license issue. I know they removed all of the UGA stuff before the taping started.

Man V Food is a Travel Channel product now and not a food network production. They generally go to a different region of the country each week and highlight a couple of other good dining spots as a prelude to the "challenge" spot.

That is how the producer explained it to me.did my best "Dragline" (George Kennedy) take-off from the boiled egg eating wager scene from "Cool Hand Luke".

It was fun. Casey Webb is a nice guy.
    Was watching that guy last night. Dont watch that show much but I do like Bizzare foods and Diners Drive in and Dives. Love watching those but they always make me hungry.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Was watching that guy last night. Dont watch that show much but I do like Bizzare foods and Diners Drive in and Dives. Love watching those but they always make me hungry.
    Pat, you really should try the BBQ over the next time you come to the Boro.

I highly recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Probably something like you can't win 8 games in September.

We could be 2-2 leaving exiting the first 4 games in 2018, yet be worlds ahead of where we were under Summers 3-0 start.

I at least think that is the implication. From my perspective, Summers came in and gutted a perfectly sound interior and re-wallpapered with HIS design, so to make his mark. He did just that, and it was an utter failure. I'm pretty sure Lunsford knows what needs to be done and there will still be some growing pains, but only because there always is a portion of any team/group who struggle with change. We as fans have to remember that the team has been through a lot of change over the last 4 years ... for example, the OL has had 4 position coach changes in the last 4 years. That alone highlights the need for some level of patience.
    Continuity in coaching staffs and philosophies (even when the coaches change) is a big reason why teams are successful. Obviously, that continuity in a losing program isn't what you want ... but I think we have the right person at the right time and from my perspective I think they have done a great job at assembling a staff ... one that understands both our past culture and yet understands where we want to be.
    I expect we'll be thinking we are back after the first six, and then get a little dose of reality on the back six, but still worlds ahead of the TS Error...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

7. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    I watched the show, there were about 20+ people around cheering him on eating the Hogzilla 4lb sandwich in Metter, GA. A gentleman was sporting a Georgia Southern Eagle hat and another women had Georgia Southern Mom sweatshirt on. Only 1 G hat in the group and no shirts.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

8. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    I watched the show, there were about 20+ people around cheering him on eating the Hogzilla 4lb sandwich in Metter, GA. A gentleman was sporting a Georgia Southern Eagle hat and another women had Georgia Southern Mom sweatshirt on. Only 1 G hat in the group and no shirts.

Then you walk out the door and see 20 UGA hats and t-shirts and 2 GSU hats and T-shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I had the pleasure of having dinner with CCL and AP at a private event last night. Even more awesome was getting to sit at their table and visit for a while.

Folks we are in good hands!

We need to get behind and stay behind the leadership we have now.

Be patient......better days are ahead.

I am sure you will be hearing and seeing more about last night's event in the coming weeks!

Thanks to my good friends for inviting me and Mrs Rambler.

It was special!
    I admit, I didn't read the entire thread. But it needs to be asked.

Was this private event to hear Kirby Smart speak?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I admit, I didn't read the entire thread. But it needs to be asked.

Was this private event to hear Kirby Smart speak?

Taping of "Man vs Food" in Metter GA.