TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner with Coach and AP

Default Dinner with Coach and AP

I had the pleasure of having dinner with CCL and AP at a private event last night. Even more awesome was getting to sit at their table and visit for a while.

Folks we are in good hands!

We need to get behind and stay behind the leadership we have now.

Be patient......better days are ahead.

I am sure you will be hearing and seeing more about last night's event in the coming weeks!

Thanks to my good friends for inviting me and Mrs Rambler.

It was special!

Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Great to hear things like this. Lunsford definitely gets it. Hopefully he can pull a monken.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

I'm sure we'll be back to 8-9 wins in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Great to hear things like this. Lunsford definitely gets it. Hopefully he can pull a monken.
    Make us good, transition us to the next level, and then get offered a opprotunity he can't turn down... If it comes to this, can we just pay the man and leave the last part out?

But seriously, if way play to near the level of intensity and poise CCL has, we are going to be special again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'm sure we'll be back to 8-9 wins in no time.
    I was going to ask him what the "be patient" part means.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I was going to ask him what the "be patient" part means.
    Probably something like you can't win 8 games in September.

We could be 2-2 leaving exiting the first 4 games in 2018, yet be worlds ahead of where we were under Summers 3-0 start.

I at least think that is the implication. From my perspective, Summers came in and gutted a perfectly sound interior and re-wallpapered with HIS design, so to make his mark. He did just that, and it was an utter failure. I'm pretty sure Lunsford knows what needs to be done and there will still be some growing pains, but only because there always is a portion of any team/group who struggle with change. We as fans have to remember that the team has been through a lot of change over the last 4 years ... for example, the OL has had 4 position coach changes in the last 4 years. That alone highlights the need for some level of patience.

Continuity in coaching staffs and philosophies (even when the coaches change) is a big reason why teams are successful. Obviously, that continuity in a losing program isn't what you want ... but I think we have the right person at the right time and from my perspective I think they have done a great job at assembling a staff ... one that understands both our past culture and yet understands where we want to be.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

We could be 2-2 leaving exiting the first 4 games in 2018, yet be worlds ahead of where we were under Summers 3-0 start.

I at least think that is the implication. From my perspective, Summers came in and gutted a perfectly sound interior and re-wallpapered with HIS design, so to make his mark. He did just that, and it was an utter failure. I'm pretty sure Lunsford knows what needs to be done and there will still be some growing pains, but only because there always is a portion of any team/group who struggle with change. We as fans have to remember that the team has been through a lot of change over the last 4 years ... for example, the OL has had 4 position coach changes in the last 4 years. That alone highlights the need for some level of patience.

Continuity in coaching staffs and philosophies (even when the coaches change) is a big reason why teams are successful. Obviously, that continuity in a losing program isn't what you want ... but I think we have the right person at the right time and from my perspective I think they have done a great job at assembling a staff ... one that understands both our past culture and yet understands where we want to be.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I had the pleasure of having dinner with CCL and AP at a private event last night. Even more awesome was getting to sit at their table and visit for a while.

I am sure you will be hearing and seeing more about last night's event in the coming weeks!

Thanks to my good friends for inviting me and Mrs Rambler.

It was special!
    Did you pack a Glock?
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

9. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post

We've heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

Well put.