TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner with Coach and AP

Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Did you pack a Glock?
    Dinner was in Metter........no Glock required!

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Dinner was in Metter........no Glock required!
    huh? I thought they issued them at the Candler county line...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

I am envious......I agree I see a much brighter future for GSU football.

4. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    I am envious......I agree I see a much brighter future for GSU football.
    I hope so!

And I hope we pay our next good coach (hopefully CL) enough to get him to stick around. The last cheapskate strategy on coaching cost us probably 5x what we thought we were saving.

If anyone is interested, the taping of this "event" is scheduled to air on the Travel Channel on Monday June 11th at 9:00PM and Saturday June 16th at 1:30.

I am not sure what made it past the cutting room floor, but it was fun night with Coach Lundsford and friends.

If anyone is interested, the taping of this "event" is scheduled to air on the Travel Channel on Monday June 11th at 9:00PM and Saturday June 16th at 1:30.

I am not sure what made it past the cutting room floor, but it was fun night with Coach Lundsford and friends.
    I’ll be sure to check that out, but I’m curious what angle that are using to put this on the Travel Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Probably something like you can't win 8 games in September.

We could be 2-2 leaving exiting the first 4 games in 2018, yet be worlds ahead of where we were under Summers 3-0 start.

I at least think that is the implication. From my perspective, Summers came in and gutted a perfectly sound interior and re-wallpapered with HIS design, so to make his mark. He did just that, and it was an utter failure. I'm pretty sure Lunsford knows what needs to be done and there will still be some growing pains, but only because there always is a portion of any team/group who struggle with change. We as fans have to remember that the team has been through a lot of change over the last 4 years ... for example, the OL has had 4 position coach changes in the last 4 years. That alone highlights the need for some level of patience.

Continuity in coaching staffs and philosophies (even when the coaches change) is a big reason why teams are successful. Obviously, that continuity in a losing program isn't what you want ... but I think we have the right person at the right time and from my perspective I think they have done a great job at assembling a staff ... one that understands both our past culture and yet understands where we want to be.
    E-22, there is no room for common sense or level headed fandom on this board. Go to the pay side to make such statements!😉

Very much agree with your sentiment. I will say we could be 1-3 after first 4 games and still be ahead of where we were the last 2 years. UMASS beat our brains in last year and they got the same crowd coming back. If we beat them,I will suddenly get very optimistic about our season.

Thank you for letting us know!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

9. Default Re: Dinner with Coach and AP

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Great to hear things like this. Lunsford definitely gets it. Hopefully he can pull a monken.
    I always tried to like TS. I just couldn’t. Even though he said all the right stuff, there was something missing. I think CL has that something-in spades. I genuinely do like CL. I get a good vibe from him.

Fritz always struck me the wrong way. I hated the was he would refer to stuff the team did as “Georgia southern did a great job at X or Y.” That was a huge subconscious tip of his hand that he was never really part of our team. He did more damage by leaving the way he did than all the positives he had along the way. Fritz was competent, but detached and I saw it pretty much from the first interview. Fritz also had low enough class to try and poach a bunch of our best players. He was competent, but our players made GS excellent, not fritz.

I think we have a winner on our hands with CL. May take a couple of seasons to really fix stuff, but I believe in this guy. He is the genuine article. Experience may be thin, but I can think of a bald guy we have a couple of statues standing around to honor-who didn’t have a lick of HC experience. CL has a little of that in him. I get a good feeling about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I’ll be sure to check that out, but I’m curious what angle that are using to put this on the Travel Channel?
    It was centered around the dining establishment in Metter. Coach and I an others were just participants. No idea what was cut, edited or left in, but there was some pretty good stuff at the taping.

The show is a regular part of the Travel Channel program line up.

It was just in our area back in March.