Thread: FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

Default FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

2. Default Re: FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

It’s fair. The article is about schools that could be the next UCF and right off the bat, they say that’s not us but that they expect us to perform better than last year at least. I’m not expecting a NY6 bowl but I do think we have the chance to go to a decent bowl.

Default Re: FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    It’s fair. The article is about schools that could be the next UCF and right off the bat, they say that’s not us but that they expect us to perform better than last year at least. I’m not expecting a NY6 bowl but I do think we have the chance to go to a decent bowl.
    +1

Strange article. I'm really not sure why we and ULM are on the list.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Strange article. I'm really not sure why we and ULM are on the list.
    Us because we're Georgia Southern (and getting Bob DeBesse).

ULM because they've got a very under-appreciated dual-threat QB and a petite version of DeSean Jackson that was a second-team All-America selection.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Us because we're Georgia Southern (and getting Bob DeBesse).

ULM because they've got a very under-appreciated dual-threat QB and a petite version of DeSean Jackson that was a second-team All-America selection.
    Oh, you mean because we're Georgia F--in' Southern?

OK--got it. We're on the same page now.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

7. Default Re: FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Oh great, so we are now a "Cinderella" team that could get to a SB bowl game. A shame what we have become, lol.

8. Default Re: FB: 2018 Cinderella Team?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Oh great, so we are now a "Cinderella" team that could get to a SB bowl game. A shame what we have become, lol.

Indeed. And this is what some of us kind figured would happen back when folks were giddy about moving to FBS.

A year or two of success, then the new wears off. (Remember Marshall?)
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Indeed. And this is what some of us kind figured would happen back when folks were giddy about moving to FBS.

A year or two of success, then the new wears off. (Remember Marshall?)
    Marshall sold their soul for their success and got punished for it. There's a reason there's something referred to as "The Marshall Rule" now.

We made a bad hiring decision. The current AD made a gamble that didn't pay off.

These issues are not unique to FBS. It's a miracle the program survived the 90s with how terrible things were. Without Paul Johnson being hired, I'm not sure that Georgia Southern football would exist right now because I wouldn't put past Sam Baker to cut it to save his budget.

You weren't saying **** during the good times, now you're way more than willing to rub people's face in it because it gives you the chance to look down your nose at us and claim some sense of superiority and say "I told you so."

Why are you still here? I've asked this several times and you never really answer. Love of the program doesn't mean you come here and say "Well you got what you asked for." It means you come in and figure out what you can do to help.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 13th March 2018 at 10:22 AM.

If you think the Marshall fans don't care, then why has their attendance been in the 30K range vs the 20K range since moving up?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"