TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-4 Defense pros and cons.

1. Default Re: 3-4 Defense pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    ? Michaud moved to WR last spring and played that position all season.

Brown and Butler have been on the roster all year and were ostensibly on the scout team this fall. Butler is the nephew of former Eagle standout Derrick Butler.

As far as position changes, I haven’t heard anything surprising. In fact, I’ve heard hardly anything at all. Aside from one insubstantial article in the G-A, I haven’t seen a single print story on spring practice since it opened on March 8th.

So exciting!

As far as defense, I’m guessing that Demetrice Lofton gets first shot at “Dog” LB. Anyone know about the other OLB position? Is it a S/LB hybrid? Ecton and Sean Freeman played most of the snaps at Sam down the stretch . . . Josh Moon may have played some there, too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Martial Washington get a look-see there. On the GATA Lifestyle videos, he seems like a Darius Eubanks type: big guy with length.
    Bowdry will get a good look at it

2. Default Re: 3-4 Defense pros and cons.

Wondering if recruits Quin Williams and CJ Wright can make early contributions in 3-4 system and at what positions. Outside LB and Nose tackle?

Default Re: 3-4 Defense pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Wondering if recruits Quin Williams and CJ Wright can make early contributions in 3-4 system and at what positions. Outside LB and Nose tackle?
    Both of those guys are gonna be TEs.

Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

4. Default Re: 3-4 Defense pros and cons.

IMO our defense will only be as good as our ability to make adjustments, both pre-game and mid-game. One of the most frustrating things I had to witness in the past two seasons is our inability to have an effective game plan and a ridculous inability to make mid-game adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO our defense will only be as good as our ability to make adjustments, both pre-game and mid-game. One of the most frustrating things I had to witness in the past two seasons is our inability to have an effective game plan and a ridculous inability to make mid-game adjustments.
    I don't know, that decision against Gast in 2016 to just completely scrap our gameplan and go to 2 calls on defense actually was way better than how we started the game.

So kudos?

Why is there nothing written about spring practice? I don’t remember a year with this devoid of coverage.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Why is there nothing written about spring practice? I don’t remember a year with this devoid of coverage.
    very good interview with our OC on the GS Athlectic web sight. He is impressed with Richardson, he names about 4-5 others. States the offense takes a lot of discipline and focus. States he has only put a small amount of the playbook in. Was pretty frank in stating he's a little surprised the kids haven't picked it up quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

Doesn’t come close to the frustration of watching us not sub on defense though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Doesn’t come close to the frustration of watching us not sub on defense though.
    And that doesn't come close to the frustration of watching us give up 35 first half points (would've been 42 but for a bogus fumble call) to an 0-6 team.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    And that doesn't come close to the frustration of watching us give up 35 first half points (would've been 42 but for a bogus fumble call) to an 0-6 team.

By that point was there any frustration left?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.