Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

1. Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Feel like the official NCAA website is the better source here
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...licated-sounds

Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I just remember RJ Hunter getting drafted in the 1st round and IIRC did not even make it one year in the NBA.

I wish him all the best, but I would rather see him in Hanner next year.
    This is why I said signing bonus etc. Tookie if your going to go get the $$$ up front. Tookie will be making a nice living somewhere playing basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So if he doesn't go high enough he might return?
    There are 2 rounds in the NBA Draft. I believe that only the top 12 are guaranteed a contract but I could be wrong on that. After the 2 rounds I believe players are offered free agent contracts but could be wrong with that as well. He is not good enough for 1st round, 2nd round maybe. If he is not projected to be drafted then he could come back to improve his draft stock but coming back could decrease also if he inhales vigorously next year.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    This is why I said signing bonus etc. Tookie if your going to go get the $$$ up front. Tookie will be making a nice living somewhere playing basketball.
    He could always go over seas and play for a club. Do well over there an he may be able to turn that into a contract in the NBA.

For clarification sake: The rule was changed again a couple years ago to allow players without an agent to retain eligibility if they withdrew by Around the end of May. It was originally by the end of April. This is an NCAA rule. The NBA has a separate rule saying that if you do not want to be considered for the current year’s draft you must withdraw by June 11. You can only go through the draft once hence why some would withdraw whether they have college eligibility or not.

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post
    He could always go over seas and play for a club. Do well over there an he may be able to turn that into a contract in the NBA.
    JJ had a good career playing in Germany, like I said, Tookie will be making a nice living somewhere playing basketball.

Tookie isn't ready for the NBA. Europe - yes.

He’s probably good enough to get a two way contract with a G league team.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Tookie isn't ready for the NBA. Europe - yes.
    if he isn't ready now for the NBA he never will be, I think he can play in NBA but I'll let the NBA scouts determine that.

If Tookie gets a 1st round guarantee then he should go. 2nd round players typically never make it big. They must sign a rookie deal once you are drafted that isn't nothing special (less than 1 million per year) for 3 years. It is a guaranteed deal though. If Tookie goes undrafted then he becomes a free agent and can sign with the team that plays to the best of his ability (which is a plus in NBA).

Personally I have no idea when he will get drafted. NBA drafts players more on potential compared to NFL.