TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

1. Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

If you get drafted in the second round, typically they are farmed out overseas or go to the G league. The money for most overseas is bad. there area a few countries that pay well but that is not the norm. The G league pays 27,000 per year if you go direct to g league. If you go second round there is no guarantee. But that $27,000 is prob in your future. If it doesn't look like he will go the first round he should return and hope next year is even better for him than this year. Just my opinion. second rounders usually do not have the best future. First rounders seem to do much better.

2. Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

If he stays for his senior year and continues to produce like he has his draft stock will increase and will fight for a second round selection. As much as I think he is great..he’s still not first round ready

Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

Just to clarify the entire 1st round money is 100% guaranteed. Signing bonus + salary. The 2nd round will get you typically in the G League with no guarantees salary wise. Let's not forget that Draymond was a 2nd round pick and has turned himself into one of the best players in the league (numerous All NBA accolades).

Best of lucky to Tookie. The NBA GM's and high level executives are the ones telling coaches if and when they'll be drafted.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

This maneuver has become commonplace with rising Juniors who feel they’d like to be formally evaluated by league executives and coaches. They can get an honest evaluation and feedback on strengths and deficiencies, at the very least.

My hope is that he’s got really level headed and rational people speaking into him so that he doesn’t do anything that doesn’t make sense for him both collegiately and professionally.

5. Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

Going to be bummed if he stays in it and gets overseas

Oh no. Say it ain't so Tookie! Wait until next year.

I hate to be the guy to point this out, but it is now most likely true that the best player in Georgia Southern history never finished higher than third in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I hate to be the guy to point this out, but it is now most likely true that the best player in Georgia Southern history never finished higher than third in the conference.
    He finished first team all three years, if you are talking about just him.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I like Tookie don't get me wrong but I don't think he's the best basketball player in GS history. I wish him the very best but Jeff Sanders was a first round draft pick of the Chicago Bulls and we can't forget about Michael Curry and many others.

He won’t get drafted, but he’s gone. Writing has been on the wall.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low