TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

Default Re: Tookie declaring for the NBA draft

My money is on Tookie playing for Ga southern next year. If he’s doing what I think he’s doing it’s a very smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I like Tookie don't get me wrong but I don't think he's the best basketball player in GS history. I wish him the very best but Jeff Sanders was a first round draft pick of the Chicago Bulls and we can't forget about Michael Curry and many others.
    I rank him up there with the two you mentioned, I don't think Tookie is in the "many other" category.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    My money is on Tookie playing for Ga southern next year. If he’s doing what I think he’s doing it’s a very smart move.
    yep, get further up close notice by the NBA scouts. Maybe "rub elbows" with some P5 guards and show them you can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    +1 I think this has been the plan all along. In the presser him & CMB were saying that they had been talking about it last year. This is good for Tookie’s exposure and will bring attention to the program. 2019 is the year we should perform.

I will be shocked if he is not back next year. I watched as a ton of NCAA tourney games and hard for me to see him getting drafted based on other players available to be drafted plus players outside the US that we don't see or hear about until they are drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I rank him up there with the two you mentioned, I don't think Tookie is in the "many other" category.
    Sanders was 2X TAAC POTY, led GS to a conference title and NCAA tourney bid (the horrible Carrier Dome travesty), and was the 20th pick in the NBA draft. That sets him apart.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    Sanders was 2X TAAC POTY, led GS to a conference title and NCAA tourney bid (the horrible Carrier Dome travesty), and was the 20th pick in the NBA draft. That sets him apart.
    I never watched Sanders, but what was his height? One thing about Tookie is that he's under six feet. I'd think you'd need to have some hella good moves to be under 6 feet and make it in the NBA. In college and especially in the mid majors, that's not as big a deal.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Just thinking about this in terms of recruiting, its a really good look for CMB.
    Not only has he "developed a guy" into a draft candidate, but he is also helping a guy get to the NBA any way he can. Thats a coach I would play for as a recruit.

Sanders was 6' 9".

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I never watched Sanders, but what was his height? One thing about Tookie is that he's under six feet. I'd think you'd need to have some hella good moves to be under 6 feet and make it in the NBA. In college and especially in the mid majors, that's not as big a deal.
    6'9", about 240-245, and country strong. He was a load inside.