TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN+

Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    Sun Belt is included with all the FCS conferences. No other G5 or P5 conferences, nice lateral move going to the Sun Belt.
    Lets just ignore the WAC and MAC. Its not like we are part of 3/5 of the G5. CUSA has a crappy tv deal already, and I am sure the AAC has a tv deal.
    All of the P5 conferences have their own networks that are already on the ESPN platform. But hey, read it however you want.

2. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    Sun Belt is included with all the FCS conferences. No other G5 or P5 conferences, nice lateral move going to the Sun Belt.
    LMAO what? Yeah let’s join CUSA so we can play on CBS Sports once a year instead and then have the rest of our games through Facebook Live or a webcam on CUSA.tv. Better yet, let’s just go back to the SoCon and never play on cable tv and have all our games on ESPN+ while we muddle around in 3k seat stadiums. You know, because the Sun Belt is such a lateral move to that.

Maybe they'll make enough money off the deal to finally develop an app for the friggin' Sony and Samsung smart TV app stores.

Holding out hope that some of the current WatchESPN content they were already doing like football will stay available with cable subscription. Don't want to pay another $4.99 just to get the games I was already getting before but if I have to I'll pay it for four months.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Maybe they'll make enough money off the deal to finally develop an app for the friggin' Sony and Samsung smart TV app stores.

Holding out hope that some of the current WatchESPN content they were already doing like football will stay available with cable subscription. Don't want to pay another $4.99 just to get the games I was already getting before but if I have to I'll pay it for four months.
    +1, so what I use to watch on WatchESPN I now have to pay extra for?, looks like we will go back to listening on radio.

5. Default Re: ESPN+

I’m willing to forego a Cookout tray once per month to get unlimited access to Sun Belt sports plus some major sports.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    LMAO what? Yeah let’s join CUSA so we can play on CBS Sports once a year instead and then have the rest of our games through Facebook Live or a webcam on CUSA.tv. Better yet, let’s just go back to the SoCon and never play on cable tv and have all our games on ESPN+ while we muddle around in 3k seat stadiums. You know, because the Sun Belt is such a lateral move to that.
    To be fair, the SoCon had multiple games on weekly last season on regional channels. They had more (quantity) games on that the Sun Belt that I could watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I’m willing to forego a Cookout tray once per month to get unlimited access to Sun Belt sports plus some major sports.
    Price went up on the trays.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

8. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The network folks are getting it figured out. In a few years they will have the cord cutters back up to the same money as before.
    I would argue more. And much more in the near future. Everyone seems to forget why "cable" was created in the first place.

9. Default Re: ESPN+

It’s a little annoying for to be honest, but whatever. I will pay for it during college football season just for the sake of watching our games, but I couldn’t care less about using it for other purposes. I rarely even watch ESPN or ESPN2 unless it’s a football game anyway. That network has become so worthless other than game broadcasts.

Most of the other sports I watch is on the Fox networks now (Atlanta United, Falcons and Braves).

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    It’s a little annoying for to be honest, but whatever. I will pay for it during college football season just for the sake of watching our games, but I couldn’t care less about using it for other purposes. I rarely even watch ESPN or ESPN2 unless it’s a football game anyway. That network has become so worthless other than game broadcasts.

Most of the other sports I watch is on the Fox networks now (Atlanta United, Falcons and Braves).
    Same here, except for the last sentence. They keep talking about ESPN losing viewership. I think they might've had better ratings back when they ran reruns of Sports Center 10-15 times a day instead of the programs they have now that look like they belong on Fox News, MSNBC, or something like that.