TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN+

Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Same here, except for the last sentence. They keep talking about ESPN losing viewership. I think they might've had better ratings back when they ran reruns of Sports Center 10-15 times a day instead of the programs they have now that look like they belong on Fox News, MSNBC, or something like that.
    Thats because sports are some peoples escape from the problems of the world. I don't have a problem with athletes taking a stand for what they believe in. But the sports network should focus on sports. Let Fox or CNN interview the athlete about his or her stand. Its no longer the escape people are looking for. I don't mind a feel good story every now and then that shine the light on an illness or tell a story. The political stuff is killing espn though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Thats because sports are some peoples escape from the problems of the world. I don't have a problem with athletes taking a stand for what they believe in. But the sports network should focus on sports. Let Fox or CNN interview the athlete about his or her stand. Its no longer the escape people are looking for. I don't mind a feel good story every now and then that shine the light on an illness or tell a story. The political stuff is killing espn though.
    Well that's how much I watch it.....I didn't even realize it had political stuff. I was thinking more like the few times I've even flipped past in the last couple of years when it wasn't to watch a football game it just seemed to be a bunch of people either sitting around or "live via satellite" in little windows trying to yell over one another.

I've got Uverse so the sports channels start at 1600 on the Guide.....No lie, my father-in-law was up this weekend and wanted to watch the Braves game and it was the first time since football season ended that I've even scrolled to those channels.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Same here, except for the last sentence. They keep talking about ESPN losing viewership. I think they might've had better ratings back when they ran reruns of Sports Center 10-15 times a day instead of the programs they have now that look like they belong on Fox News, MSNBC, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Ratings are exactly why they've changed their format. Same reason MTV stopped showing music videos. Dwindling ratings. I can watch the highlights during the game on social media. Why do I need to watch Sportscenter for "old news?" And within 5-10 minutes a full story is posted with full highlights and post game interviews online. Again, no need to watch Sportscenter for highlights. Fact is politics have been involved in sports likely before any of us were born. Jackie Robinson? Texas Western?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Ratings are exactly why they've changed their format. Same reason MTV stopped showing music videos. Dwindling ratings. I can watch the highlights during the game on social media. Why do I need to watch Sportscenter for "old news?" And within 5-10 minutes a full story is posted with full highlights and post game interviews online. Again, no need to watch Sportscenter for highlights. Fact is politics have been involved in sports likely before any of us were born. Jackie Robinson? Texas Western?
    I donít have any problem reporting political issues...

Itís the picking sides people have a problem with.

The Sun Belt has company. The Ivy League signed a long term ESPN+ contract.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...vy-League.aspx

6. Default Re: ESPN+

Ivy League stepping up their game

Someone explain to simple Dave here. What’s the benefit of this? Seems like paying for the same, and adding stuff I don’t want.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

8. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    The Sun Belt has company. The Ivy League signed a long term ESPN+ contract.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...vy-League.aspx
    Why is everyone so cryptic about the financial details of these ESPN+ deals? Are the conferences getting paid, or what?

9. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Someone explain to simple Dave here. What’s the benefit of this? Seems like paying for the same, and adding stuff I don’t want.
    I could certainly be wrong here, but I assume WatchESPN, or ESPN3, as we know it will go away when ESPN+ is launched. So, anything you are/were watching via that medium will no longer be available unless you subscribe to ESPN+ (excluding cable ESPN, E2 and EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Someone explain to simple Dave here. Whatís the benefit of this? Seems like paying for the same, and adding stuff I donít want.
    See Eagleman's post
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I could certainly be wrong here, but I assume WatchESPN, or ESPN3, as we know it will go away when ESPN+ is launched. So, anything you are/were watching via that medium will no longer be available unless you subscribe to ESPN+ (excluding cable ESPN, E2 and EU).
    I'll add that with this move, ESPN captures money they are losing from people cutting the cord, without the cable companies getting a dime. They will capture some money from us fools still in cable/satellite contracts, since we will have to have both now to watch all of our teams play.
    My question is, does an ESPN+ subscription allow you to watch the SEC network, or do you have to have a seperate SEC subscription or cable subscription. My wife would be pissed if we lost SEC gymnastics. Unless of course one of yall can afford to start a GS gymnastics team.