TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN+

Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I could certainly be wrong here, but I assume WatchESPN, or ESPN3, as we know it will go away when ESPN+ is launched. So, anything you are/were watching via that medium will no longer be available unless you subscribe to ESPN+ (excluding cable ESPN, E2 and EU).
    ESPN+ will be integrated with WatchESPN/ESPN3 but not part of the same package. With WatchESPN you can stream live ESPN, ESPN2, etc. With ESPN+ you can't, you can only view the ESPN+ content.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I could certainly be wrong here, but I assume WatchESPN, or ESPN3, as we know it will go away when ESPN+ is launched. So, anything you are/were watching via that medium will no longer be available unless you subscribe to ESPN+ (excluding cable ESPN, E2 and EU).
    That's exactly what I'm referring to. Nothing changes other than I start paying extra.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Gong to have to just wait and see. Maintaining holding pattern...

https://deadspin.com/espns-new-4-99-...pro-1824262409
    The network has so far been vague about which leagues and games will get cannibalized from ESPN3, or how many, but ESPN did confirm that some of ESPN3's programming will change.
    “Most ESPN+ programming will be new and additive, not available to our existing nets (including ESPN3),” a spokesperson for ESPN told Deadspin. “ESPN3 will still have thousands of live events and, while some content will shift to ESPN+, we will actively program live events across both platforms.”

4. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That's exactly what I'm referring to. Nothing changes other than I start paying extra.
    Yes, I think that statement is accurate when looking at it from the point of view of what we have had access to, to what we WILL have access to... I think the change will become more evident if you do not start paying extra, because you will no longer have access to viewing current ESPN3 contend (majority of our football games).

The new site launched yesterday. You can log in with your current credentials and have the option to add ESPN+ and MLB (I did not start the free trial). The new site shows all streaming content available and each one shows what platform it is on....a little E+ banner on the corner of those that require ESPN+ or ESPN+ beside the show if you load the full schedule. I searched for Georgia Southern and only two upcoming events showed up, both on ESPN3 so they were not moved. Sunday softball and Tuesday baseball. You can select just ESPN+ as the platform in the schedule and right now there's not much "big" college stuff that you would've expected to be on WatchESPN if ESPN+ did not exist. It will obviously change over time though.

So funny listening to this after hearing the discussion for months already on other boards.
    SBC and GS are getting paid. That's the deal. This isn't for just "small" college football, it will also carry 500+ SBC sporting all year. So baseball, basketball, soccer, etc...

Also reported to show out of market MLB and MLS games and probably more. It's way better than CUSA deal in my opinion. And it provides a nice one stop shop for most of GS sports. Any other games will be shown on regular TV.

Y'all *****ing about $5/ month is why we can't have nice things. I'm currently debating on whether or not to cut the cord. I really don't know how much if any it'll save after picking all the a la carte options I we need to make the while family happy. We will see, but either way I will add E+ to my streaming lineup.
    Just One More Time!!!

7. Default Re: ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    So funny listening to this after hearing the discussion for months already on other boards.
    SBC and GS are getting paid. That's the deal.
    So what IS the deal? What is SBC/GS getting paid? Unless it has come out recently, for some reason nobody (TK, Hebert, Benson, Ivy League, etc.) wants to disclose the financial details of the deal.

So what IS the deal? What is SBC/GS getting paid? Unless it has come out recently, for some reason nobody (TK, Hebert, Benson, Ivy League, etc.) wants to disclose the financial details of the deal.
    I've read that it's somewhere close to $500k a school/ yr. But that wasn't from somewhere official.

Reports, but nothing official, are about 400k to 500k. Look maybe some of y'all would prefer a cusa deal.
    But it just all the complaints about $5 for something that helps the school and gives the fan a top notch broadcast and also will benefit other students in the broadcasting program. Sorry some of you don't like other sports, but for me it's a deal.
    Just One More Time!!!

Subscribe in September and cancel in January.