TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liquor Stores

1. Default Liquor Stores

Any of you Statesboro goobers want to venture why there are none in Bulloch County.

2. Default Re: Liquor Stores

Bulloch county ordinance forbids the retail sale of spirits within the county limits.

https://library.municode.com/ga/bull...3ALBE_ARTIIILO

Default Re: Liquor Stores

Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

Good ole boy Bible Belt foolishness. The new mayor should help with this kind of thing.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

When I was in school, the rumor was that either some council members or other government officials or something owned the liquor store across the county line so they'd never pass packaged liquor sales in Bulloch County. Have absolutely no idea on the reality of it though, just a story that got passed around. Sure didn't slow us down.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    When I was in school, the rumor was that either some council members or other government officials or something owned the liquor store across the county line so they'd never pass packaged liquor sales in Bulloch County. Have absolutely no idea on the reality of it though, just a story that got passed around. Sure didn't slow us down.
    I've heard this as well, and I think there's some validity to it but that's just my opinion due to my own research.

7. Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    That's still the rumor on campus. I've heard that before.

It has been this way forever. County ordinance. When I was in school you couldn't even get mixed drinks at bars or restaurants.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    That's still the rumor on campus. I've heard that before.
    Well then that means the rumor itself has been old enough to buy liquor for several years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    It has been this way forever. County ordinance. When I was in school you couldn't even get mixed drinks at bars or restaurants.
    You young 'uns, when I started at GSC Bulloch was a dry county.