TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Liquor Stores

Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    Everyone forgets about the other store just down the road from County Line store.
    There should be three liquor stores. There are the two just outside of Register and the other one on Pulaski Hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    That's why all those bars in the plaza got in trouble and closed. The reason they could let 18 year olds in is because they were technically categorized as restaurants. I heard when that kid was killed in 2014, they did an investigation and found out that the bars were selling alcohol and ringing it up as food orders to make it look like they sold 80% food.
    The bars on and around campus began to slowly decline as soon as the drinking age was raised from 18 years old. Back in the day GSU would block off the plaza and have student council funded live music keg parties ,what a BLAST.Great times.Liquor was for old folks back then!

Quote Originally Posted by rsapp View Post
    The bars on and around campus began to slowly decline as soon as the drinking age was raised from 18 years old. Back in the day GSU would block off the plaza and have student council funded live music keg parties ,what a BLAST.Great times.Liquor was for old folks back then!
    Young whippersnapper. The Plaza back in the day had a laundromat (Rum runners), Henry's, post office, Texaco, the original Zaxby's that sold beer, and a concert venue, Rocking Eagle I think it was called, a tattoo place. I don't remember what else. You could bring a bottle of liquor into any place and order a pitcher of coke/lemonade, etc whatever, and get your free refills. Not many but did but you could. Non school sponsored block parties happened every weekend. The bigger ones had a few thousand. Cops drove by and did nothing to break it up. They only showed up if a fight broke out.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 10th April 2018 at 09:24 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    Per Candler County Tax Assessor:
    Address: County Line Package Shop, 78251 Hwy 46 E, Metter, Ga
    Owner:
    HOLLOWAY FAMILY TRUST
    P.O. BOX 400
    REGISTER, GA 30452
    Sales 8/1/2014:
    Grantor: JEAN H ZUNKEL, ETAL,
    Grantee: STRICKLAND HOLLOWAY
    https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Ap...lue=070++++018
    I was in school in the early 70's. I remember Strick working there. He was a tough old bird.