TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liquor Stores

Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    Maybe its true, I dont know but even if it was it doesn't make sense. Would they really make more having it just over then line instead of just owning one in town if Bulloch wasn't dry? People are going to buy liquor wherever its at. If Bulloch Co becomes a wet county they will still make money.
    I don't know if it's true or not either, but it's certainly not too hard to make sense of it.

Just tossing around a hypothetical scenario........

I'm going to use County Line as an example because I seem to remember it being the easiest to get to. Unless Register has blown up in the 20+ years since I have been there, the only reason I could think of to even go there was to get liquor. From what I remember about the store, it was pretty minimal so it's surely been paid off forever. If liquor were available in Bulloch county, the location of the store would probably not be worth much for any other business.

So, say they pass packaged liquor sales in Bulloch County. How many liquor stores do you think would pop up in Statesboro alone? How much liquor sales do you think County Line generates from Statesboro? Google maps shows three other package stores close to County Line, and all of them are closer to Metter which is the next most populous area. So, the owner of County Line now has a store offering the same product as those three stores plus X number that pop up in Statesboro, and he's now the furthest away from both places.

OK, so it seems the owner of County Line would have the potential to lose a lot of business. If he's going to move he's got a piece of paid off property that's probably not worth much, and now he's got to pay to either lease or buy a place closer to the action....and will be spending that money to compete for just a portion of the business he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    They weren't very good, lol.
    I always liked the wine margaritas at the mexican restaurant. Went real good with a phat blunt!

Forget about liquor, weed's better for you anyhow. Can't argue with Willie Nelson, but if you're a football player reading this, then weed inhales vigorously - worst stuff you can consume, makes you sterile and weak. Stick to Budweiser if you are of age, and don't drink any before the night of a game, or on a Saturday after a game if you lose. And if you do drink, be sure and get a ride, 'cause 'boro cops will bust you out quicker than ol' Ant Man jukin' on a punt return!

Just ask Jermaine Austin.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I don't know if it's true or not either, but it's certainly not too hard to make sense of it.

Just tossing around a hypothetical scenario........

I'm going to use County Line as an example because I seem to remember it being the easiest to get to. Unless Register has blown up in the 20+ years since I have been there, the only reason I could think of to even go there was to get liquor. From what I remember about the store, it was pretty minimal so it's surely been paid off forever. If liquor were available in Bulloch county, the location of the store would probably not be worth much for any other business.

So, say they pass packaged liquor sales in Bulloch County. How many liquor stores do you think would pop up in Statesboro alone? How much liquor sales do you think County Line generates from Statesboro? Google maps shows three other package stores close to County Line, and all of them are closer to Metter which is the next most populous area. So, the owner of County Line now has a store offering the same product as those three stores plus X number that pop up in Statesboro, and he's now the furthest away from both places.

OK, so it seems the owner of County Line would have the potential to lose a lot of business. If he's going to move he's got a piece of paid off property that's probably not worth much, and now he's got to pay to either lease or buy a place closer to the action....and will be spending that money to compete for just a portion of the business he lost.
    So, who owns County Line?
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    The Illuminati

Boss Hogg?

6. Default Re: Liquor Stores

Per Candler County Tax Assessor:
    Address: County Line Package Shop, 78251 Hwy 46 E, Metter, Ga
    Owner:
    HOLLOWAY FAMILY TRUST
    P.O. BOX 400
    REGISTER, GA 30452
    Sales 8/1/2014:
    Grantor: JEAN H ZUNKEL, ETAL,
    Grantee: STRICKLAND HOLLOWAY
    https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Ap...lue=070++++018

Had a friend from classes who worked there, he said about half their business was from the Boro.

And the tax records prove that was just heresay about who owned the county line. A family trust means it's been in the family a very long time.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Had a friend from classes who worked there, he said about half their business was from the Boro.

And the tax records prove that was just heresay about who owned the county line. A family trust means it's been in the family a very long time.
    Yep, Jean H Zunkel's (Bill Zunkel) maiden name was Holloway. Her father was Strickland Holloway Sr, died 2001. The Candler County native had lived in Statesboro since 1945.
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...kland-holloway

Her brother is the grantee, Strickland Holloway Jr.
    Her mother Nanilou (Tucker) Holloway's obituary 2013 : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sta...4077&fhid=6023

It doesn't mean that at all. First, the tax records just show who owns the real property; it doesn't necessarily mean this is the same person or entity that owns the liquor store business. For all we know, the trust may own the land and lease the building to another party that runs the liquor store. You can't tell who owns the liquor store, based on the tax records site.

Also saying something is a "family trust" doesn't mean anything as far as time. You can start a "1peatfor7 Family Trust" tomorrow and title property to it. Trusts are fairly easy to establish.
    Last edited by GaSouFan6; 4th April 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Not what that means at all. Never took a law class, huh? A trust can be set up to masquerade shenanigans
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low