TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Liquor Stores

Default Re: Liquor Stores

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    You young 'uns, when I started at GSC Bulloch was a dry county.
    Same here. Just think of all the money poured into Candler county. How many schools could have been built in bulloch lost. Hell, could probably fund our whole county govt.

That family owns Blackwater Preserve. The trust shows up as being started four years ago with an office in Statesboro. All the records tell me is that Bulloch County residents own the County Line......but going back, I stated I was just using the County Line as an example.

I was unaware there was such a demand for alcohol among college students.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I was unaware there was such a demand for alcohol among college students.....
    That demand is always there.

I'm sure who ever is the owner of the property/lease agreement/someone's pimp, is taking care of certain politicians in some way. Money trail probably non existent. Easier to do it with FAVORS. Not difficult to find out ........ just see who consistently votes against it and look at family relationships in the past

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post

I'm sure who ever is the owner of the property/lease agreement/someone's pimp, is taking care of certain politicians in some way. Money trail probably non existent. Easier to do it with FAVORS. Not difficult to find out ........ just see who consistently votes against it and look at family relationships in the past
    you know i was kidding, right?

6. Default Re: Liquor Stores

County Line Package Shop used to donate booze to GS in the past, but don't know about it now I'm retired from GS. My ETS department would transport cases from CLPS to the old Alumni House for events. Also, we transported liquor to Dr. Henry's house for parties.

That demand [for alcohol] is always there.
    In Dorothy Brannen's Life in Old Bulloch: The Story of a Wiregrass County in Georgia (1987) she said drunkenness as a pervasive problem in Bulloch County in the 1800s. Wives would drag drunken husbands home from bars (paraphrasing because I don't have the book in front of me). It's a good read and it is at the Statesboro library.

One factor: the Scotch/Irish have a genetic propensity toward alcoholism, and we have a lot of them in the area.

People in the 1800s drank all the time because they were bored and would get cholera if they drank the water

Everyone forgets about the other store just down the road from County Line store.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    Everyone forgets about the other store just down the road from County Line store.
    I don't...