TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    You're right, TK found out who you are from your screen name and is purposefully doing it to spite you.

Could it possibly be that they know they have a strong foundation of fans in one particular city, and they believe they need to spend more time in another location that has never had a caravan come to it so they can make TWO cities with a strong foundation instead of just one? Nah, can't be a simple as that, it has to be the personal vendetta thing. Carry on with your regularly scheduled whining.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Just for the record my caravan didn't get cut, so I will still get to hear TK tell me about all the wonderful things he has done. Logistics, it's so much easier to keep your regular practice and game schedule when events are in Nashville, Charleston, St Simmons instead of Claxton. Keep drinking the kool aid my friend.
    It's not Nashville OR Claxton issue that makes the logistics more difficult, so being closer and easier to get to Claxton has no bearing on it. They obviously didn't pick Nashville because it is easier. I would imagine the difficult part to schedule was trying to do Nashville AND Claxton AND all of the others. So instead of getting butthurt about it, if one were to look at it logically, the coaches and AF must be getting something other than being "easy" out of those other locations. To me, it's going to new locations that they can use to get more donors and boosters from. Claxton is close, and easy to get to and from for other events. Spreading out to new locations is not a bad thing. If the ones that are upset would look more at the big picture instead of taking it as a personal spite, it might make a little more sense. That's all I'm saying. People whine that we don't have more donors, then complain about "forgetting the little guys or the longtime donors" when the AF does something to try to get more donors.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Butthurt
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLaw View Post
    I will speak on Jacksonville, as I have been one of the folks who have emailed and called alumni in the area for several years. I have not spoken with anyone at the Foundation about why we were dropped, but I don't find it offensive.

Relatively speaking, we have a decent alumni base in Jacksonville (probably 1,500 or so); however, for whatever reason, our event last year was not well attended. In the past, we have had 50-75 folks show up for various events (maybe 100 one year), but last year we might have had 10 people at the Coaches' Caravan. It was sad and I was extremely disappointed given that the coaches took time out of their schedules to attend and the amount of work that went into planning the event.

This isn't to say Jacksonville should be ignored, as I believe we are an untapped market, but it might be good to have the caravan every other year in Jacksonville. Hopefully, we can get back on the winning train, which should bring people back out....
    Our tailgate friends were at the Jacksonville event last year and loved it. I am very disappointed, like them, to see that the city is dropped from the caravan. Jax has a great GSU alumni base. Whenever I am there and have my GSU gear on, I 100% of the time have someone comment on it whether I'm at a concert, baseball game, football game, or at the beach.

It's not Nashville OR Claxton issue that makes the logistics more difficult, so being closer and easier to get to Claxton has no bearing on it. They obviously didn't pick Nashville because it is easier. I would imagine the difficult part to schedule was trying to do Nashville AND Claxton AND all of the others. So instead of getting butthurt about it, if one were to look at it logically, the coaches and AF must be getting something other than being "easy" out of those other locations. To me, it's going to new locations that they can use to get more donors and boosters from. Claxton is close, and easy to get to and from for other events. Spreading out to new locations is not a bad thing. If the ones that are upset would look more at the big picture instead of taking it as a personal spite, it might make a little more sense. That's all I'm saying. People whine that we don't have more donors, then complain about "forgetting the little guys or the longtime donors" when the AF does something to try to get more donors.
    +1. Makes good sense to me. The Claxton and Swainsboro folks can attend the Statesboro kickoff event.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    +1. Makes good sense to me. The Claxton and Swainsboro folks can attend the Statesboro kickoff event.
    Read what the AF said: When planning the Caravan, several factors go into choosing locations and dates, including coaches' schedules in regards to recruiting, practice and games.
    They could have give us some good reasons they selected Nashville, Charleston, etc. over Claxton but to say it was in regards to coaches schedules related to practice and games is bs.
    When leadership gives you some line instead of the truth - it's bad for business.

Effingham is expecting over 300 tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Read what the AF said: When planning the Caravan, several factors go into choosing locations and dates, including coaches' schedules in regards to recruiting, practice and games.
    They could have give us some good reasons they selected Nashville, Charleston, etc. over Claxton but to say it was in regards to coaches schedules related to practice and games is bs.
    When leadership gives you some line instead of the truth - it's bad for business.
    I didn't say that they were perfect or said everything right. I just said it's not some personal vendetta against any of the people or cities that are not on this year's list. They should have known there would be backlash, and anticipated it enough to have a better response ready. Having said that, their statement is still not wrong, nor is it a lie or a line. There ARE several factors, and "including" doesn't mean ONLY these items.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

There is absolutely nothing they could have said or done differently to keep some people from getting a sore ***. That's not directed at anyone but is a simple statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    There is absolutely nothing they could have said or done differently to keep some people from getting a sore ***. That's not directed at anyone but is a simple statement of fact.
    You got that right......