TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

After being dropped, Effingham is moving forward with their own committee planned event on April 19th. If anyone would like ticket information, I would be happy to pass that along to you.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

2. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    After being dropped, Effingham is moving forward with their own committee planned event on April 19th. If anyone would like ticket information, I would be happy to pass that along to you.
    Evans county has a long history of Eagle club caravans going all the way back to Erk's first years... we should have our own meeting, I know we would have more attend than Nashville, St. Simons, and Charleston put together. Last year was a little down because we inhale vigorouslyed so bad and still had the same HC but in years past we averaged over a hundred and more.

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    Evans county has a long history of Eagle club caravans going all the way back to Erk's first years... we should have our own meeting, I know we would have more attend than Nashville, St. Simons, and Charleston put together. Last year was a little down because we inhale vigorouslyed so bad and still had the same HC but in years past we averaged over a hundred and more.
    I have attended the Evans County event for several years. It was always a great time. I hated to hear that it was dropped
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    2 question which are fairly general:

1. Will coaches be there, or is this just a local social?

2. Was this expected and planned ahead of time, and thats why the athletic department dropped the location, or is this being organized because they dropped the event?

Asking for those who may follow the precedent.

In reality, having one event in Savannah makes sense from an athletic department standpoint, although not everyone will find it convenient. With the Macon caravan on a Saturday, it makes it open for Dublinians (made that one up). Again, maybe not ideal for everyone, but not completely unreasonable. Maybe by adding new events they are trying to grow the caravan, and trust some of the dropped events to organize their own. Then again, it could be the catering to the city folks as someone alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    2 question which are fairly general:

1. Will coaches be there, or is this just a local social?

2. Was this expected and planned ahead of time, and thats why the athletic department dropped the location, or is this being organized because they dropped the event?

Asking for those who may follow the precedent.

In reality, having one event in Savannah makes sense from an athletic department standpoint, although not everyone will find it convenient. With the Macon caravan on a Saturday, it makes it open for Dublinians (made that one up). Again, maybe not ideal for everyone, but not completely unreasonable. Maybe by adding new events they are trying to grow the caravan, and trust some of the dropped events to organize their own. Then again, it could be the catering to the city folks as someone alluded to.
    Coaches are scheduled to be there. And it is my understanding that the event was planned after they were told by the AF that they were dropped from the schedule. I am not on the Effingham committee, this is just what I have been told.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

6. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    The alums and fans who live around North and West Georgia have always had to drive to Atlanta. Not trying to sound rude, but it sounds like some South Georgians are upset that the coaches don't come to their front door anymore. It's never been that way for the rest of the fanbase. I think it makes sense to have these events in the largest cities in our "terrority" of fans. That being said I don't understand why they are going to Nashville. Seems like it would make more sense to keep one of the well-attended central county locations or go to Jacksonville than go somewhere 7+ hours away. How many tuned-in fans do we really have around Nashville?

The Nashville event is the only one that is free and RSVP only. It's at the home of an alumnus who might possibly be a big donor, and since the address posted doesn't show up on google, he might also be a member of the Illuminati so there you go.

8. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Nashville, TN? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    The Nashville event is the only one that is free and RSVP only. It's at the home of an alumnus who might possibly be a big donor, and since the address posted doesn't show up on google, he might also be a member of the Illuminati so there you go.
    You hit the nail on the head. The AF is going towards a party and fundraiser type event, instead of the grass roots get people excited about programs and sell some tickets angle.

With the amount of large jobs in Nashville, I have a feeling this is a way of appealing to some potential big money donors.