TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 202122

Thread: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Don't forget about the Statesboro Caravan on 08/11 before the scrimmage and Fan Fest!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

2. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    They had a good crowd from what I heard for Nashville. Turn out was as expected and I didn't hear of anyone being scared to show up because it was a strangers house. I "spoke" with a poster on IM at work after the event.
    Good crowd? Lol, okay. I am sure that is why the AF tweeted out comments and photos from all the other caravan events and not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Good crowd? Lol, okay. I am sure that is why the AF tweeted out comments and photos from all the other caravan events and not that one.
    Please re-read my comment. I said good crowd for Nashville. The Eagle Club presence was started by the alum's up there as a grassroots effort. Including at least 2 posters on here. On their own a group has started to get together to watch the tv games. It started from there. They worked with the AF to come up there when possible to have a bigger event like this. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Heck even Atlanta struggles with some events. They tried doing some happy hours ITP. I went twice with my old roommate. One time we were literally the only 2 who showed up. Another time there was like 5 total. Needless to say the alumni office stopped doing those events. Twenty years ago we used to meet in Buckhead when Buckhead was Buckhead and get 100+ every month. Other than Frank Hook and the alumni office I don't remember anyone else coming up like President Henry or Sam Baker. The Braves alumni event used to draw around 50 people when it first started at the Top of the Chop. Then it grew to average around 500 but that took time. This year was 900 but I think that has a lot more to do with being in 1st place and being competitive for the first time in several years.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Please re-read my comment. I said good crowd for Nashville. The Eagle Club presence was started by the alum's up there as a grassroots effort. Including at least 2 posters on here. On their own a group has started to get together to watch the tv games. It started from there. They worked with the AF to come up there when possible to have a bigger event like this. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Heck even Atlanta struggles with some events. They tried doing some happy hours ITP. I went twice with my old roommate. One time we were literally the only 2 who showed up. Another time there was like 5 total. Needless to say the alumni office stopped doing those events. Twenty years ago we used to meet in Buckhead when Buckhead was Buckhead and get 100+ every month. Other than Frank Hook and the alumni office I don't remember anyone else coming up like President Henry or Sam Baker. The Braves alumni event used to draw around 50 people when it first started at the Top of the Chop. Then it grew to average around 500 but that took time. This year was 900 but I think that has a lot more to do with being in 1st place and being competitive for the first time in several years.
    Yeah, I get it, you’re absolutely right. I live in a city larger and further from GS then both Atlanta and Nashville, so I know all too well the challenges associated with getting local alumni together for anything- even when TK comes to talk with us. I am not saying that group should stop trying to grow and be relivant to the university, I am just saying (from experience) hold it at a public venue.

Is a good crowd for Nashville, better then the average crowd from a city they removed from the caravan? IDK, maybe it is, I do not have a dog in that fight, but I know some people were really upset that their city was removed from the tour.

Is a good crowd for Nashville, better then the average crowd from a city they removed from the caravan? IDK, maybe it is, I do not have a dog in that fight, but I know some people were really upset that their city was removed from the tour.
    I don't know who makes those decisions on what stops to make. Is is TK? The AF? The head coach? All of the above?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Probably 15 people or so. Two years ago we had close to 40. We knew the turnout was not going to be as good this year due to the timing. May is a very busy time up here as school is getting out (we get out in mid May), graduations, spring sports are still going even though school is ending etc. July like they did two years ago is a better time.

Definately a grass roots effort. I started the alumni group probably about 4 years ago or so. Literally 4 or 5 of us would meet regularly. Was really starting to pick up steam culminating with the first caravan then we had 2 terrible years in football and interest started to wane.

There is huge opportunity up here and its good for the school to get in early. A lot of young alumni here and that number grows by the day it seems. Also have quite a bit of older alumni that need to be brought back into the fold. Couple that with the likes of Cole, Ben Hayslip, Luke, Elizabeth, The Bus etc living up here and this has the potential to be something big and productive for the school.

You will start to see more from us beginning in August. We are ramping back up again. School is actively working with us to build it.

As for the person who hosted the party, this isn’t the first time he has hosted something for the school. I attended something he hosted for the business school awhile back. I understand that he has supported the business school financially but I don’t know about the athletic side of things yet. But I do know they are actively working to cultivate that end of things.

I enjoyed the Nashville Caravan. From Huntsville, AL to Brentwood, TN is right at 100 miles. Huntsville/Rocket City is booming right now and there are plenty of Georgia transplants finding jobs here. Right in the middle of the Sunbelt!

America's fastest-growing tech cities aren't on the coasts
    1. Huntsville, Alabama
    6. Orlando, Florida

One-year growth in tech job listings: 149 percent

Median early career pay: $52,800

Median midcareer pay: $97,800

7. Salt Lake City, Utah

One-year growth in tech job listings: 117 percent

Median early career pay: $52,800

Median midcareer pay: $87,400

8. Nashville, Tennessee

One-year growth in tech job listings: 114 percent

Median early career pay: $$54,700

Median midcareer pay: $90,200

9. Jacksonville, Florida

One-year growth in tech job listings: 111 percent

Median early career pay: $52,000

Median midcareer pay: $89,200

10. Baltimore, Maryland

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/americ...-the-coasts/2/
    Paul Speering
    First official visit 1984
    BS Manufacturing, 1997
    St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA MBA 2016

The Coaches Caravan - Statesboro is officially SOLD OUT!!
    If you didn't get tickets, there's still plenty of Eagle activities to enjoy - watch the Eagle Football scrimmage at 5:30 p.m., followed by the annual Fan Fest at 8 p.m.!

Crap.