TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

I noticed Coastal Kitchen is the location for the Caravan on St. Simons. Their nearby catering venue, which is a room that accommodates all of 30 people, will hopefully be packed! There are only 1,600 alumni in Glynn County. Let's scale back our dreams!

2. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

I know GS is a well rounded sports school but I don't care for most sports, only football and may read a little about golf, baseball & men's basketball. Not interested in Title Nine sports. I prefer lunches when I can pick an choose based on who will be speaking. Narrow mined, may be but some people's time is limited and distances to events greater.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We need another bald man with a strong smile and stronger handshake that can bring a town to its feet with the puff of a cigar.
    Times have changed, he'd be thrown out of town for puffing on a cigar, his cigar smoke could critically injure up to 14 boosters/donors.

4. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    All of the cities you mentioned have "major" football. Jaguars, Falcons, UGA , UF, FSU, SC, Clemson...c'mon man. We don't need to forget about those Eagle Clubs within an hour of STATESBORO who have stood by us. This is where we have our most loyal support. Oh yeah, excuse me. I was told last year we could no longer have "Eagle" clubs.
    Nah, there's so many things wrong with this comment, so I'm just gonna pick it apart.

Firstly, did you try to compare the SEC to the NFL? Joke.

Secondly, you're wrong. The cities I mentioned don't have major sports. UGA doesn't play football in Augusta, Clemson doesn't play in Charleston, and FSU doesn't play in Jacksonville. Those are market cities where a lot of their AND OUR fans live.

Thirdly, how do you think those big schools captured the markets of the cities around us? It FOR SURE wasn't by only staying and catering to the fans within an hour of your school. That's the exact kind of small-time, good-ol-boy thinking that's held us back for years.

All anyone is asking you to do is drive to a city nearest you for an event just like the rest of us who don't live in and around Statesboro have been doing this whole time. This holier-than-thou attitude from the local fans is pretty annoying to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLaw View Post
    but last year we might have had 10 people at the Coaches' Caravan. I.
    Not surprising.. I mean look at who we had as our coach.

At this time last year I lived <2 miles from the location of the Macon Caravan.. I had little interest in going and listening to Tyson ramble.

6. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Nah, there's so many things wrong with this comment, so I'm just gonna pick it apart.

Firstly, did you try to compare the SEC to the NFL? Joke.

Secondly, you're wrong. The cities I mentioned don't have major sports. UGA doesn't play football in Augusta, Clemson doesn't play in Charleston, and FSU doesn't play in Jacksonville. Those are market cities where a lot of their AND OUR fans live.

Thirdly, how do you think those big schools captured the markets of the cities around us? It FOR SURE wasn't by only staying and catering to the fans within an hour of your school. That's the exact kind of small-time, good-ol-boy thinking that's held us back for years.

All anyone is asking you to do is drive to a city nearest you for an event just like the rest of us who don't live in and around Statesboro have been doing this whole time. This holier-than-thou attitude from the local fans is pretty annoying to the rest of us.
    I understand where your coming from and don't totally disagree... we need all fans from anywhere we can get them, but I can tell you that in Claxton, we have some major donors. Ed Nelson announced his contribution to build the Rotary field of dreams at our club and at least one or two more are always on the field when the ten top donors are announced every year. In my opinion, anytime I could get 75-150 people together to talk about the state of the program I would jump at the opportunity, I don't care what city I'm in, but I guess they don't see it like this anymore. Also, all of the proceeds from the tickets from our club are donated to the eagle fund, so there is that. I think you need both, and to stop one in favor of the other is not a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    I understand where your coming from and don't totally disagree... we need all fans from anywhere we can get them, but I can tell you that in Claxton, we have some major donors. Ed Nelson announced his contribution to build the Rotary field of dreams at our club and at least one or two more are always on the field when the ten top donors are announced every year. In my opinion, anytime I could get 75-150 people together to talk about the state of the program I would jump at the opportunity, I don't care what city I'm in, but I guess they don't see it like this anymore. Also, all of the proceeds from the tickets from our club are donated to the eagle fund, so there is that. I think you need both, and to stop one in favor of the other is not a good choice.
    +1

8. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

I mean I think the city lineup is pretty stacked..no matter what some donor somewhere is going to have to drive to make it just like me and I’m in Atlanta

I would've liked to have a caravan somewhere within 30 minutes of our home base, but for the most part I don't have a problem with the changes. We're not realistically going to grow our foundation and budget pinning hopes on getting tons of people to write checks for a hundred dollars a year. We need more people who can write big checks. That's just the Pareto Principle.

I think having Saturday events is a nice compromise because at least it's easier for people to drive from out of town to get to them.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

10. Default Re: 2018 Coaches Caravan Schedule

I definitely agree and like the Saturday events and I’ve been to gate city brewing pretty interesting spot for a caravan I would have chosen Monday night brewery better location