TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coach?

Default What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coach?

Just wondering if there's some kind of benchmark that you have set (e.g. numbers of wins or statistics or whatever) to feel confident in the coaching staff we have.

Please note that there is a difference between this benchmark and the mark where you want to start firing people.

IMO, I want to see 6 wins at least, but that is malleable to any problems that might reveal themselves that is out of Lunsford's control.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 2nd April 2018 at 06:32 PM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

It’s the Sun Belt. We are Georgia Southern. We are supposed to win. Anything less than 8 wins and we hired the wrong guy.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

Six wins

Seven wins with continuity, cohesiveness, enthusiasm, and no sign of disfunction.

5. Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

I’d like to see a bowl.

But I REALLY need to see us beat Gag like they deserve.

Take them ghetto kittens down!!

(I have no idea how we lost to them the last three years. They are not good.)

6. Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

10 wins, total... 2018 is the easiest schedule he will ever see at this level.

At least seven wins, a victory over at least one of our major rivals, and a bowl appearance.

If he does that, he's earned my confidence for another season or two. If he doesn't, he'll need to win big in 2019 to get it.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

8. Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

That’s very generous

People saying 8-10 wins do not reside on the Planet Earth if those are their actual expectations

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    People saying 8-10 wins do not reside on the Planet Earth if those are their actual expectations
    The thread isn't about expectations.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown