TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coach?

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    People saying 8-10 wins do not reside on the Planet Earth if those are their actual expectations
    GS losing more than one game in the SB pretty much any year is underachieving.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

6+ wins. Get to a bowl game.

That's all I'm asking for. He does that and I'm on board.

That continues to be the bottom level of performance that I will accept.

I want you to remember 6 wins Buzz. I want more, 8 is my thought and then a bowl game.

Fritz walked in and won nine games a year with FCS players, should have had a few more.
    The bar was set and shouldn't be moved down just because of a year and a half of CTS.

I know the question was what do you need to see to be confident in Lunsford. Just don't have an answer....Kinda in a tough place. Don't want to be too hard on the guy but at the same time don't want to concede anything.

This is what happens when the guy that hired the guy that had no business coaching a high school team is still around. Jaded folk telling others that wining 6 games out of 12 in the Sun Belt is a pipe dream.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

As with all GS teams/HC's 7-5 as the minimum. 6 wins, then the jury is still out.

The floor is lava....oh wait sorry.

I'd say 7 wins is the floor.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Is win/loss record really the only determining factor? In 2016 at 3-0 those who had a clue knew we were in trouble. Most of us have been around long enough to know whether things are running right or at least headed in the right direction. So in my case the eye test will tell me more than this season’s record.

In the Sunbelt you might be able to have bad looking wins, but I don't think there can be such a thing as a good looking loss.

10. Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

I think what really hurt us last year was getting the wind knocked out of us in Auburn and then having a coach that was literally incapable of getting the players to believe they could win the next week and it snowballed from there. I think this year playing SC State in Paulson to start the season will give our guys the confidence in each other and the staff they need to have a successful season. Now what is a successful season? 6+ wins and a bowl game. That should be the bare bones expectation year in year out. After that, the next tier on the goal sheet is winning a conference title.