TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coach?

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

They are for the scrimmages and some in practice but limited
    Lots more teaching like CWF.
    They did a whole ball protection drill the other day
    last time I saw that was 2014-15

The whole practice seems to be 80-90% like CWF

We are a lot more like 2014 than anything since
    Last edited by GSUEYES; 7th April 2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Hopefully not
    We were live in the first scrimmage, but honestly that's fine. I think Fritz went live in his spring scrimmages in 2015 but that was about it.

I haven't seen much full contact in all the practice videos so far, but if we do as long as it stays minimal/short in duration I think that's a good balance. As long as we stay healthy and aren't worn out on game day.

I do remember Lunsford saying that you need your players on Saturday....which I think we can all agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We were live in the first scrimmage, but honestly that's fine. I think Fritz went live in his spring scrimmages in 2015 but that was about it.

I haven't seen much full contact in all the practice videos so far, but if we do as long as it stays minimal/short in duration I think that's a good balance. As long as we stay healthy and aren't worn out on game day.

I do remember Lunsford saying that you need your players on Saturday....which I think we can all agree with.
    Clearly Lunsford hasn't read CJM's book on 'Hard Nose-ery' being the only way to determine who's fit (or left standing) to play. I think in a lot of cases CJM's teams were successful in spite of his best efforts to put everyone in the infirmary.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Eight would be great. 100% in Paulson is imperative.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

5. Default Re: What do you need to see this season to feel confident about Lunsford as head coac

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    If we win 100% of games in Paulson this year, then we are undoubtedly winning more then 8 games total.

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    You can save and print this out if you want but I am 99% confident we will not win all 6 games in Paulson Stadium this year. It's just too much of an improvement to fathom in one offseason from 2-10. Arkansas State, Troy, and App State could very easily be 3 losses just right there. I see almost no way we can beat all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Clearly Lunsford hasn't read CJM's book on 'Hard Nose-ery' being the only way to determine who's fit (or left standing) to play. I think in a lot of cases CJM's teams were successful in spite of his best efforts to put everyone in the infirmary.

Torn ACL? Let’s see how tough you really are. Put a brace on it and get back in there until you tear it to the point you never play again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    You can save and print this out if you want but I am 99% confident we will not win all 6 games in Paulson Stadium this year. It's just too much of an improvement to fathom in one offseason from 2-10. Arkansas State, Troy, and App State could very easily be 3 losses just right there. I see almost no way we can beat all 3.
    Can’t these teams have an off year for a change? I may be dreaming, but that should be a goal to win at home.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Ok, you all need to chill on Troy, they are losing a lot, they will be rebuilding. Not saying they won't be decent but far from the Troy teams of the last two seasons. We can definitely beat Troy this year. Appy will have that little back up QB I think starting and he's no Lamb. They also have a new defensive coaching staff and I think need to replace a number of key defenders. Like I said, please let's get to 7-5 so I can feel all is well in the GS football world.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    We should have beat stAte both years under Summers.....that should tell you all you need to know.

Troy is losing pretty much everything and having to do a lot of rebuilding.

App is in a very similar situation.....plus they've finally had some shakeups in their coaching that will make them have to adjust. We also took the heir apparent at DC.

Both App and Troy are just like us at the beginning of 2017 with the amount of turnover they've had. They will have better coaching to weather the storm they we did, but there is going to be a dropoff.