TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EFAA Reverse Raffle

Default Re: EFAA Reverse Raffle

No reports from the raffle/auction?
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    No reports from the raffle/auction?
    Lots of money raised, lots of beer consumed, lots of fun had.

I wasn't exactly full of brain cells but I thought I heard Terry say over $60K was raised in the live auction. It could have been both silent and live combined. The rifle went for what, $17K?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I wasn't exactly full of brain cells but I thought I heard Terry say over $60K was raised in the live auction. It could have been both silent and live combined. The rifle went for what, $17K?
    $15K I believe. It was another fun event!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Who can give us a run down and or pictures of the auctioned items. I was planning on going this year but wasn't able to make it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

15,500.00 for the rifle. It was like the show Storage Wars, Garns went home with nothing but it was a happy time. I got in a bidding war for the trip/game at NMSU. I bid up to 5 grand but the lady went to 5100. It was neat because 15 minutes after I lost the lady who won came up and gave me a hug and said, "the last two events I wanted those trips you won, I was so glad you stopped bidding, traveling with the team was on my bucket list". I smiled and told her she will have a great time, GS will take good care of you and it's a awesome experience. One of the great live auction packages was a beachfront home get a way at Folly Beach 5 nights/6 days. Was put up by Abby Deloach's dad, half the money raised will go to Abby's memorial nursing scholarship fund. And our own Mike Sanders was high bidder, 4,500.00. Mike, if your listening, I told Melissa about it last night when she got home from SD. She wanted me to tell you thank you. So, yep, great night. It was good to see you all.

Wife and I got a few prints, and had a good time. I'm glad to hear the live auction went well, it seemed like the silent auction items were going lower than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    15,500.00 for the rifle. It was like the show Storage Wars, Garns went home with nothing but it was a happy time. I got in a bidding war for the trip/game at NMSU. I bid up to 5 grand but the lady went to 5100. It was neat because 15 minutes after I lost the lady who won came up and gave me a hug and said, "the last two events I wanted those trips you won, I was so glad you stopped bidding, traveling with the team was on my bucket list". I smiled and told her she will have a great time, GS will take good care of you and it's a awesome experience. One of the great live auction packages was a beachfront home get a way at Folly Beach 5 nights/6 days. Was put up by Abby Deloach's dad, half the money raised will go to Abby's memorial nursing scholarship fund. And our own Mike Sanders was high bidder, 4,500.00. Mike, if your listening, I told Melissa about it last night when she got home from SD. She wanted me to tell you thank you. So, yep, great night. It was good to see you all.
    Thanks Garns. Good for the scholarship, good for EFAA, good for my family...it was a win,win,win.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Thanks Garns. Good for the scholarship, good for EFAA, good for my family...it was a win,win,win.
    I wish I had know it was Mike that won the beach home. I was actually sitting and videoing Alex doing the auction to be able to send to Mr. DeLoach's Foundation Director so she can share when Mr. DeLoach arrives home from a mission trip in India. Their Foundation is working to carry on the work Abbie wished to do, and i'm sure otherwise Jimmy would have loved to have been there. Don't forget he was an assistant under Coach Russell and is a long-time supporter and season ticket holder. I echo my thanks on the incredible bidding and also to Terry and the EFAA for "Eagles helping Eagles." It was another amazing night. One of the signature events every year in Bulloch County.

Honestly, can’t believe this was one of the items up for bid.

Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.