TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Announcer Voting

Default New Announcer Voting

Voting for the new announcer is still underway. I personally know one of the finalists. Announcer A is john koon from soperton gs. The reason i'm posting this is because he does not deserve this job. He's a huge UGA supporter and he's trashed Georgia Southern, to me, in the past. I just don't want someone like him announcing for us. However, by far he's the best option and is most talented out of the group. Make your vote count

Default Re: New Announcer Voting

I haven’t voted. Of the four B was marginally better than C.

I wasn’t overwhelmed by any.

1. B
    2. A
    3. D
    4. C
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Koon is pretty qualified. You've probably heard him on the broadcast of ghsa championship games. Also does radio broadcasting for vidalia Indian sports. Been involved in broadcasting a long time, and won several awards. However, I don't want a GS hater announcing. Just me

thanks for posting this.......he did a good job, but we should not even allow him back in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    thanks for posting this.......he did a good job, but we should not even allow him back in the stadium.
    Ditto

I had already voted for B but thanks for posting. How in the wide world of sports did he even get to audition? I wonder if we had any other Dwag lovers in the booth yesterday?
    Last edited by EaglePA-C; 15th April 2018 at 06:12 PM.

A sounded like he was pressing. B sounded the most natural and smooth. C was pressing and had unnecessary pauses. D oh well. IMHO

Follow this rule announcer: 3rd down for opponent is when we invoke noise from the crowd. 3rd down for GS should be announced in a flat, ho-hum way. Deal drove me nuts with his big 3rd down announcements - learn the freaking game!
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

9. Default Re: New Announcer Voting

B for me.

10. Default Re: New Announcer Voting

Yeah, A also messed up a couple of times saying the ball was on the 48--when actually he was on the 38--or something like that. I thought A and B did the best, but because A messed up-- and now I know he's a hater-- I'm glad I originally went with B. On a side note, probably one of the better turn outs that I've seen for years.