Thread: New Announcer Voting

Default Re: New Announcer Voting

Disregard this post.
    Last edited by oldfart; 16th April 2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Hacked account

Why do I recognize that name?

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_4024 View Post
    Voting for the new announcer is still underway. I personally know one of the finalists. Announcer A is john koon from soperton gs. The reason i'm posting this is because he does not deserve this job. He's a huge UGA supporter and he's trashed Georgia Southern, to me, in the past. I just don't want someone like him announcing for us. However, by far he's the best option and is most talented out of the group. Make your vote count
    Itís poor to come on here and bash someone who is applying for the PA job as being a Dawg fan and then not tell us the loyalties of all the other candidates. How do you know they are not Dawg fans or any other school. I know John and yes he is a Dawg fan but I have never heard him bash GS and we have had discussions in the past on him wishing the station he is with could get the GS broadcasts for our area. The positives are that he is very professional, he is local and not going to be leaving for another job so would give the position continuity. He has called some of our BB games in the past for radio and has a lot of ability there as well. The fact that he is interested in the job and has gone through a interview process speaks volumes. These guys didnít just show up, they had to audition and make it through several cuts to get to the final four. I voted A and thought either A or B would do the best job based on ability. Not bashing C or D but just listening to the voice and inflections of each one.

BTW, Erk was a Dawg Fan and once referred to our team as the most enthusiastic non athletes he had ever seen. The context of when something is said is very important in knowing the meaning of what was said. These past 2 years I might would have said we are no better than a high school team and Iím as True Blue as they come. I know bringing common sense to this side of the forum is useless but maybe this will help somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    He does the ghsa dome game broadcasts. Full time for vidalia Indians

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Itís poor to come on here and bash someone who is applying for the PA job as being a Dawg fan and then not tell us the loyalties of all the other candidates. How do you know they are not Dawg fans or any other school. I know John and yes he is a Dawg fan but I have never heard him bash GS and we have had discussions in the past on him wishing the station he is with could get the GS broadcasts for our area. The positives are that he is very professional, he is local and not going to be leaving for another job so would give the position continuity. He has called some of our BB games in the past for radio and has a lot of ability there as well. The fact that he is interested in the job and has gone through a interview process speaks volumes. These guys didnít just show up, they had to audition and make it through several cuts to get to the final four. I voted A and thought either A or B would do the best job based on ability. Not bashing C or D but just listening to the voice and inflections of each one.

BTW, Erk was a Dawg Fan and once referred to our team as the most enthusiastic non athletes he had ever seen. The context of when something is said is very important in knowing the meaning of what was said. These past 2 years I might would have said we are no better than a high school team and Iím as True Blue as they come. I know bringing common sense to this side of the forum is useless but maybe this will help somebody.
    I don't knowthe others. I know john koon. Vote how you want. Free world bud. I just know there's a ton of us that want nothing to do with a UGA fan. I know john outside of his job circle. Outside to the point he is plenty comfortable talking crap about southern to me. I don't care if you think it's in poor taste for me to out him on here. I am a eagle supporter in many ways and as much as I can help other eagle fans make an educated decision will try to help. If someone else on here knew one of the others, I'd hope they would provide some insight on them too.

Disregard this post
    Last edited by oldfart; 16th April 2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    It’s poor to come on here and bash someone who is applying for the PA job as being a Dawg fan and then not tell us the loyalties of all the other candidates. How do you know they are not Dawg fans or any other school. I know John and yes he is a Dawg fan but I have never heard him bash GS and we have had discussions in the past on him wishing the station he is with could get the GS broadcasts for our area. The positives are that he is very professional, he is local and not going to be leaving for another job so would give the position continuity. He has called some of our BB games in the past for radio and has a lot of ability there as well. The fact that he is interested in the job and has gone through a interview process speaks volumes. These guys didn’t just show up, they had to audition and make it through several cuts to get to the final four. I voted A and thought either A or B would do the best job based on ability. Not bashing C or D but just listening to the voice and inflections of each one.

BTW, Erk was a Dawg Fan and once referred to our team as the most enthusiastic non athletes he had ever seen. The context of when something is said is very important in knowing the meaning of what was said. These past 2 years I might would have said we are no better than a high school team and I’m as True Blue as they come. I know bringing common sense to this side of the forum is useless but maybe this will help somebody.
    Well said.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Is the voting closed? I couldn't find the link, but then I dug around on Twitter and such and finally got there, but wasn't able to hear any of the selections; however it did let me vote.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I have known Koon many years and he’s a really good guy, professional, etc. but I personally have heard him bashing GS in private, and that’s his right to do that. However, it’s also my right to point it out and try to convince folks to vote otherwise. It is what it is, so vote for a nuthugger if you want. Not me. Not ever.

ALSO. If you check his Facebook, there are thUGA fans that have never set foot in Paulson voting for him.
    That is crappy

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    That is crappy
    Sounds what fans of some school used to do when GasSt. would have on line polls