TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Announcer Voting

1. Default Re: New Announcer Voting

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I have known Koon many years and he’s a really good guy, professional, etc. but I personally have heard him bashing GS in private, and that’s his right to do that. However, it’s also my right to point it out and try to convince folks to vote otherwise. It is what it is, so vote for a nuthugger if you want. Not me. Not ever.

ALSO. If you check his Facebook, there are thUGA fans that have never set foot in Paulson voting for him.
    Agreed. It's disappointing that the folks at the school doing the hiring were not aware that he's a big ugag guy or worse yet, they don't care. I guess it's just some more TK BS.

Default Re: New Announcer Voting

I wonder what kind of background checks, if any, were done? Don't most jobs these days have social media screenings?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I have a great idea. The school needs to pass rule that we do not accept any donations from anyone who graduated or supports another school. In addition I think the school should return all funds donated from people who also support other schools. Also all staff members must have a degree from GS and not attend any sporting events at other schools. And of course we should not sell season tickets to anyone who holds season tickets from another school.

You've got two people here who have heard this guy bash GS in private. How could he be a finalist? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderEagle View Post
    You've got two people here who have heard this guy bash GS in private. How could he be a finalist? Wow.
    Eskimo Joe will never be able to announce baseball games.

6. Default Re: New Announcer Voting

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    I have a great idea. The school needs to pass rule that we do not accept any donations from anyone who graduated or supports another school. In addition I think the school should return all funds donated from people who also support other schools. Also all staff members must have a degree from GS and not attend any sporting events at other schools. And of course we should not sell season tickets to anyone who holds season tickets from another school.
    LOL your satire was not lost on me

the guy is unacceptable.......period!

Disregard any negative posts or comments I may have made concerning Mr. John Koon. He's a genuinely good guy, would make a great announcer. Pick A
    Last edited by oldfart; 16th April 2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Disregard any negative posts or comments I may have made concerning Mr. John Koon. He's a genuinely good guy, would make a great announcer.
    he threaten to sue you or something????

I do not know the guy.

Speaking as someone who does and is currently doing a lot of PA work, I thought he did a good job Saturday.

I just cannot support a UGA first lover for this role.

How many of the dirty dozen where fans or alum's of that school up north?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"