• 3-9

0 0%
  • 2-10 or worse

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Record Prediction Poll

Default Re: 2018 Record Prediction Poll

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    4-8 - I'm hoping just being more experienced is good enough for 2 more wins. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we need a couple more years of good recruiting to turn this thing around.
    The very wide breadth of opinion here of how much recruiting rankings matter is fascinating.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The very wide breadth of opinion here of how much recruiting rankings matter is fascinating.
    At our level I don't think recruiting rankings matter much at all, actually the opposite. I know I said "a couple of more years of good recruiting' but I honestly don't know if this past years class will be good yet, I'm just hoping. I think the problem in recent past was we tried to recruit for size and stars instead of just recruiting a damn good football player.

Recruiting absolutely matters, but there's nothing that can happen in recruiting or spring practice that brings my morale up. Only good, solid regular season wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Recruiting absolutely matters, but there's nothing that can happen in recruiting or spring practice that brings my morale up. Only good, solid regular season wins.
    +1, this is really what it comes down too. Look good "on paper" but lose = BAD. Look not to good "on paper", lose =BAD.

6-6. Dialogue this season will be close losses & inconsistency on offense.

Recruiting matters a lot, but good recruiting rankings don't guarantee potsitive recruiting results.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, this is really what it comes down too. Look good "on paper" but lose = BAD. Look not to good "on paper", lose =BAD.
    Yep. I'll take a guy 1 1/2" shorter and/or 15 lbs lighter who's athletic, and has great technique any day over someone with another star or two.

8. Default Re: 2018 Record Prediction Poll

Ah, finally a comment somewhat worthy. Spring game and recruitment is hyperbole. It all boils down to regular season production with wins. Coaching will make us or break us as usual. TK's last stand?

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I feel that 9-3 is possible if we get everything together in time. Only one is a highly probable loss (Clemson). 3-4 of them will be hit or miss, and the rest we should win no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kokoeagle View Post
    Maybe I am too optimistic, but I feel that 9-3 is possible if we get everything together in time. Only one is a highly probable loss (Clemson). 3-4 of them will be hit or miss, and the rest we should win no problem.
    I'm gun shy from the last 2 years. I have hope but no predictions. I didn't think it was possible to go 4-17 at GS.