TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Hebert

Default President Hebert

2. Default Re: President Hebert

Well that was fast...

I know it’s his alma mater, but why would you be so quick to head back to the state of Louisiana with all of the severe budget issues the state is currently facing with higher ed?

Default Re: President Hebert

Being an outsider with no direct involvement limits my perspective on Hebert but I have not ever felt like he grasped this job. I may be wrong but following after Keel was a tough act and he never really endeared himself like Keel did. I wish him the best in whichever position he gets but this is an opportunity for us to get a leader with ties to GS who will have a passion to move us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Being an outsider with no direct involvement limits my perspective on Hebert but I have not ever felt like he grasped this job. I may be wrong but following after Keel was a tough act and he never really endeared himself like Keel did. I wish him the best in whichever position he gets but this is an opportunity for us to get a leader with ties to GS who will have a passion to move us forward.
    The Board of Regents may not let that happen. They want us to stay in our lane, not make waves or move too far forward. That's one reason Dr. Keel was moved.

He looks like Matt Lauer with glasses.

Is it just me, or does this strongly hint of "problems with the consolidation process"?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Didn't I suggest this was going to happen?, MONTHS ago.(smile). It's a shame, GS is losing a good man. Politics, Politics, Politics.....

8. Default Re: President Hebert

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    The Board of Regents may not let that happen. They want us to stay in our lane, not make waves or move too far forward. That's one reason Dr. Keel was moved.
    That's right. More likely someone with ugag/Armstrong ties than GS. Without strong political efforts GS will take a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Is it just me, or does this strongly hint of "problems with the consolidation process"?
    To me, it strongly hints of a dude up for one job at his alma mater and another right down the road from where he spent the majority of his career.

This makes me sad. He is a great guy who has done an amazing job for us under tough circumstances.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987