TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: President Hebert

Default Re: President Hebert

OK...and the sun will still rise tomorrow.

not nearly bummed about this as I was with Keel

If he leaves can we hire Timothy Caboni still?

That's who I wanted us to hire to begin with.
    https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/poll.php...do=showresults
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Both of those jobs seem like steps down in terms of university prestige and title. He's likely been told to hit the bricks and will be replaced by someone hand picked by Waters who cares about Armstrong and Savannah more than they care about Statesboro/GSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    The Board of Regents may not let that happen. They want us to stay in our lane, not make waves or move too far forward. That's one reason Dr. Keel was moved.
    So it had nothing to do with more than doubling Keel's salary and being able to work at his alma mater? Ok if you say so.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Is it just me, or does this strongly hint of "problems with the consolidation process"?
    pete, I know you have been around for awhile, your a man of the world. You know that for the most part individuals in power like "yes" men/women under them. If one is not a "yes man" and disagrees too strongly, that ruffles a lot of feathers. You are then pretty much told, "shut up, sit down" and "tomorrow you go back there put a big smile on your face and if we want any suggestions from you WE will ask...". President Hebert was blindsided by the BOR, during his interview for job, "consolidation" was never mentioned. Not to fear, imo we have a new President in waiting, a UGA Grad, a lady with a strong background in Marketing, we will see what unfolds. If Hebert gets provost job at the Texas school he probably will be paid just as much or maybe more than what he's making here. Life goes on and to be honest the consolidation is actually moving fairly smoothly.

Now we can move the Administration offices to Savannah and hire someone from Armstrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So it had nothing to do with more than doubling Keel's salary and being able to work at his alma mater? Ok if you say so.
    I said ONE reason. It was a winning situation for 3 out of the four parties involved (BOR, Augusta, and Keel). Dr. Keel did a great job here. He raised the University's profile more than some would have liked.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Both of those jobs seem like steps down in terms of university prestige and title. He's likely been told to hit the bricks and will be replaced by someone hand picked by Waters who cares about Armstrong and Savannah more than they care about Statesboro/GSU.
    He was not told “to hit the bricks”. Purely his decision for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    He was not told “to hit the bricks”. Purely his decision for a number of reasons.
    Stop it, Mike...you're ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology