TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: President Hebert

1. Default Re: President Hebert

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If he leaves can we hire Timothy Caboni still?

That's who I wanted us to hire to begin with.
    https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/poll.php...do=showresults
    I liked Caboni a lot, as well. I liked him so much I followed him on Twitter and learned he was hired at Western Kentucky as their president. He was very likable and seemed smart.
    I closely followed the replacement search for Keel, as I thought he was a huge loss. (like many here.) I am not going to get as involved in the replacement for Hebert, as I feel like I know who his successor will be already.

Default Re: President Hebert

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    pete, I know you have been around for awhile, your a man of the world. You know that for the most part individuals in power like "yes" men/women under them. If one is not a "yes man" and disagrees too strongly, that ruffles a lot of feathers. You are then pretty much told, "shut up, sit down" and "tomorrow you go back there put a big smile on your face and if we want any suggestions from you WE will ask...". President Hebert was blindsided by the BOR, during his interview for job, "consolidation" was never mentioned. Not to fear, imo we have a new President in waiting, a UGA Grad, a lady with a strong background in Marketing, we will see what unfolds. If Hebert gets provost job at the Texas school he probably will be paid just as much or maybe more than what he's making here. Life goes on and to be honest the consolidation is actually moving fairly smoothly.
    I have no knowledge whatsoever about the situation, but if he were really hired without being told about the consolidation, then . . . Wow.

So, when I said “problems with consolidation,” I meant specifically Hebert’s role within the process.
    Last edited by pete4256; 26th April 2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I liked Caboni a lot, as well. I liked him so much I followed him on Twitter and learned he was hired at Western Kentucky as their president. He was very likable and seemed smart.
    I closely followed the replacement search for Keel, as I thought he was a huge loss. (like many here.) I am not going to get as involved in the replacement for Hebert, as I feel like I know who his successor will be already.
    And he apparently has been protecting athletics from budget cuts in the face of recommendations from the board of regents.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

4. Default Re: President Hebert

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Both of those jobs seem like steps down in terms of university prestige and title. He's likely been told to hit the bricks and will be replaced by someone hand picked by Waters who cares about Armstrong and Savannah more than they care about Statesboro/GSU.
    I'm not so sure UL is a step down from Georgia Southern. Academically, they're considered the #2 in the state of Louisiana, and even after their statewide budget crisis, UL's endowment is still triple what GS gets because of their research status. Still inhales vigorously to lose somebody to a school in conference. Hebert clearly wants the UL President job, but it probably has more to do with that being his alma mater and his home region than academics profiles of our schools. He'll either get the Provost job at UL and eventually be president or he'll take the VP job at Houston-Clear Water to get in the region and then wait for the UL job to open up. I HIGHLY doubt he's leaving because he was told his services were no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I'm not so sure UL is a step down from Georgia Southern. Academically, they're considered the #2 in the state of Louisiana, and even after their statewide budget crisis, UL's endowment is still triple what GS gets because of their research status. Still inhales vigorously to lose somebody to a school in conference. Hebert clearly wants the UL President job, but it probably has more to do with that being his alma mater and his home region than academics profiles of our schools. He'll either get the Provost job at UL and eventually be president or he'll take the VP job at Houston-Clear Water to get in the region and then wait for the UL job to open up. I HIGHLY doubt he's leaving because he was told his services were no longer needed.
    Brooks Keel came here from being a Vice Chancellor at LSU, BTW.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

6. Default Re: President Hebert

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Brooks Keel came here from being a Vice Chancellor at LSU, BTW.
    Because he's from here. And look, now he's the president of his alma mater.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Didn't I suggest this was going to happen?, MONTHS ago.(smile). It's a shame, GS is losing a good man. Politics, Politics, Politics.....
    Yes, this reeks of politics
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    He was not told “to hit the bricks”. Purely his decision for a number of reasons.
    You should know by now, that facts are not allowed on gsufans!! Shame on you.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Because he's from here. And look, now he's the president of his alma mater.
    The only way it's not a step down is if ULL intends to make an internal hire rather than actually hire someone who has been a college president. That job most likely doesn't even pay more than what he's making now so I don't see how it could not be a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    He was not told “to hit the bricks”. Purely his decision for a number of reasons.
    of course he wasn't told to hit the bricks, that wouldn't "look" good, +1 on "for a number of reasons". Nothing what so ever to do with a "conspiracy". You got a guy who has decided, this isn't for him, time to move on. I wish the best for him. Man, he could play some kind of golf, for a little guy could hit the ball a mile.