TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: President Hebert

  1. #31

    Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    of course he wasn't told to hit the bricks, that wouldn't "look" good, +1 on "for a number of reasons". Nothing what so ever to do with a "conspiracy". You got a guy who has decided, this isn't for him, time to move on. I wish the best for him. Man, he could play some kind of golf, for a little guy could hit the ball a mile.
    When the job you applied for morphs into something different, can't blame him for making a move.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  2. #32

    Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    When the job you applied for morphs into something different, can't blame him for making a move.
    Bingo!, we have a winner, no conspiracy, just a number of reasons(and you named one).

  3. Default Re: President Hebert

    Realistically, how many qualified candidates are going to put their names in to be the figurehead of our unique situation? Some of the Brooks Keels out there might look at us now as being more trouble than the position is worth.

  4. #34

    Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Realistically, how many qualified candidates are going to put their names in to be the figurehead of our unique situation? Some of the Brooks Keels out there might look at us now as being more trouble than the position is worth.
    Some people also see our unique situation as a challenge that (if proven successful) is great step on their resume.

    The outcome will be interesting

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    42,208

    Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    When the job you applied for morphs into something different, can't blame him for making a move.
    Yep and this happens everywhere, in the government and in the corporate world. Oh great, here is a promotion. Get the raise, new title. Then all the sudden that's not how it's going to work. inhale vigorouslyer. But we have you under contract so that's what you are going to do. Have people read your job description lately? "And other duties as assigned" is very broad for a reason.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  6. #36

    Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Yep and this happens everywhere, in the government and in the corporate world. Oh great, here is a promotion. Get the raise, new title. Then all the sudden that's not how it's going to work. inhale vigorouslyer. But we have you under contract so that's what you are going to do. Have people read your job description lately? "And other duties as assigned" is very broad for a reason.
    lol, the old "other duties as assigned" clause, gets them every time.

  7. Default Re: President Hebert

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Is it just me, or does this strongly hint of "problems with the consolidation process"?
    100%.
    Chris Butler
    Athletic Foundation Member Since 2004
    Georgia Southern Class of '04 & '08

    No institution can be truly great until it is rooted in the fine traditions of the past.
    -President Guy Wells, December 12th, 1932

  8. Default Re: President Hebert

    If he leaves, he will be the fourth president of a USG institution to leave/retire within two years of consolidation (Augusta, KSU, Albany St.)

  9. #39

    Default Re: President Hebert

    I am just a country boy but I believe Hubert had a plan for what he wanted to do while at Georgia Southern and what happen he got blindsided by the consolidation which completely changed the plan of what his duties would at Georgia Southern.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

  10. Default Re: President Hebert

    Best case scenario: The BOR announces the consolidation of Augusta and Georgia Southern. Augusta will become Georgia Southern - Medical Campus. Brooks Keel will be president of all four Georgia Southern campuses.

    Worst case scenario: The BOR gives us a UGA elitist alum who believes athletics at our level drains money from a school. Institutional subsidies are halted. Both academics and athletics suffer as a result.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •