TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Tulane seems low. They were darn close to being bowl eligible in the AAC, which should put them ahead of the whole MAC besides maybe the top 2.
    Maybe, but I find it funny that Tulane, with their superman coach, is only one spot above us after we had the most incompetent HC in the history of college football....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

If we were still in the socom we'd be discussing how Lunsford needs to be focused on breaking the losing streak against WCU and Elon. That's how bad Summers was.

we're really having this discussion..... again?

I'll take playing app state, ga state and troy over Furman and Wofford any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    we're really having this discussion..... again?

I'll take playing app state, ga state and troy over Furman and Wofford any day of the week.
    we played a lot of who were playing now when we were FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Who also moved on.

The Troy of today is not the Troy State that beat us as a D2.

6. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Exactly, and then they left to join the FBS and we followed so we wouldn't be left behind

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Exactly, and then they left to join the FBS and we followed so we wouldn't be left behind
    and UMass is returning their leading rusher and their QB is a 5th year returner. We played them too in FCS.

Sad thing is we had some better teams in FCS then we have right now, some of our good FCS teams would take our guys right now to the woodshed. I was a big believer in moving up to D1A but one of the things I was concerned about is that, and I talked about this on this site a few years ago, you get higher ranked players mostly IMO because they are bigger. We have bigger guys now but are they really better. I might argue that the first couple years under fritz we did but many of those guys were recruited to play FCS. Sometimes your getting bigger guys but you lose some talent IMO because, and I will be a broken record, many guys get ranked higher because they are 6"4 300 lbs when in fact they are not as good as the kid that is 6"1 270 who ends up playing FCS. I think this is part of the growing pains you have to get through. If we can win and continue to win consistently that will change. Not saying we arent getting good players overall just that there is a fine line that has to be overcome.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Parr, the reason we don’t have better players is that we gave up our identity. If we would have stayed the course with the flex, we would be a perennially top 25 contender. Tom Kleinfeld needs to be axed.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Sad thing is we had some better teams in FCS then we have right now, some of our good FCS teams would take our guys right now to the woodshed. I was a big believer in moving up to D1A but one of the things I was concerned about is that, and I talked about this on this site a few years ago, you get higher ranked players mostly IMO because they are bigger. We have bigger guys now but are they really better. I might argue that the first couple years under fritz we did but many of those guys were recruited to play FCS. Sometimes your getting bigger guys but you lose some talent IMO because, and I will be a broken record, many guys get ranked higher because they are 6"4 300 lbs when in fact they are not as good as the kid that is 6"1 270 who ends up playing FCS. I think this is part of the growing pains you have to get through. If we can win and continue to win consistently that will change. Not saying we arent getting good players overall just that there is a fine line that has to be overcome.
    also, lets not forget, CS and CM could recruit.