TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Fritz ain’t nothing special in my book.

He is competent and does a decent job.....

But after mucking up the UGA-which absolutely should have been ours, and of course the Gag State fiasco, I certainly can see that he was not awesome.
    Well then that competent and nothing special coach produced 2 of the top 5 teams in program history in terms of average yards per carry in rushing. Let that sink in.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

But after mucking up the UGA-which absolutely should have been ours, and of course the Gag State fiasco, I certainly can see that he was not anything special.

And I still have bellyache about the manner in which he left. No honorable person pulls that kind of ****- no matter what the contract says.

That bowl game was further proof of him being no great shakes. He was not there-and he left the team in a real crap position-but we won in grand fashion anyway.
    MAN, what can I say. His coaches were there, and don't forget, your hero Dell was promoted by Fritz.

3. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://gatadb.com/reports/12

2014 was second only to 1999 statistically on offense (and 1999 arguably had a better roster).

2015 is one of the best with a historically bad passing game.

Unless you want to try and argue Fritz is some amazing, once-in-a-lifetime coach, it's hard for me to fathom why anyone could be so sure the flex is better.
    +1

I am glad we rid ourselves of the flex. If I get nostalgic and want to see it again, I will go to my local HS on Friday night. No flex, Hail Southern!

4. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

I am glad we rid ourselves of the flex.
    Ah, be careful what you wish for. Two good years with Fritz, two miserable years with Summers. Roll the dice as you may, but you'll never rid the flex from our history or possible future installment depending on our current productivity. TBD.

Honestly I hope we keep a flex package because rocket toss is my favorite play hands down. We also showed that we had some constraints built off that play as well, then add in the belly play and any constraints you can build off that and I think it's a good change of pace.

6. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Ah, be careful what you wish for. Two good years with Fritz, two miserable years with Summers. Roll the dice as you may, but you'll never rid the flex from our history or possible future installment depending on our current productivity. TBD.

The flex was good to us, I get that and I admit it was a significant part of our history. However, lets not act like GS has a very long storied football history. No doubt we have a robust successful proud football past, but it is short, I mean, we also have people writing on this board that have children older then the program.

7. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

But after mucking up the UGA-which absolutely should have been ours, and of course the Gag State fiasco, I certainly can see that he was not anything special.

And I still have bellyache about the manner in which he left. No honorable person pulls that kind of ****- no matter what the contract says.

That bowl game was further proof of him being no great shakes. He was not there-and he left the team in a real crap position-but we won in grand fashion anyway.

For what GS was paying Fritz, he was a gem, IMO. We will never have another HC of his caliber for that price again.

8. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

However, lets not act like GS has a very long storied football history.
    Uh?

9. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Uh?
    Uh?

10. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Uh?
    You don't have Fritz. CL is our only option. And we will always have a storied football history regardless of your negativity.