TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

1. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You don't have Fritz. CL is our only option. And we will always have a storied football history regardless of your negativity.
    Not sure what your point is with Fritz vs CL but I never said we did not have a storied football history. My point was it is not a long one. If you are just going to read one sentence incorrectly and out of context then please try to resist the urge to comment on it.

Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Not sure what your point is with Fritz vs CL but I never said we did not have a storied football history. My point was it is not a long one. If you are just going to read one sentence incorrectly and out of context then please try to resist the urge to comment on it.
    Lol.

3. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

Lol.
    Yay! No flex Hail Southern!

Another debatable rating. Athlon came out with their 2018 Sunbelt coach rankings today. CL is rated 10th below Texas State Withers. Satterfield rate #1, Brown. #2 and Anderson #3.

Another debatable rating. Athlon came out with their 2018 Sunbelt coach rankings today. CL is rated 10th below Texas State Withers. Satterfield rate #1, Brown. #2 and Anderson #3.
    While I agree with you that CL's potential should place him higher than 10, his all time head coaching record is 2-4. I don't blame the rating as he's more of an unknown. I have a good feeling we'll surprise a lot of people this year.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Honestly I hope we keep a flex package because rocket toss is my favorite play hands down. We also showed that we had some constraints built off that play as well, then add in the belly play and any constraints you can build off that and I think it's a good change of pace.
    Rocket and Belly were paired in 2017, with at least the one play action pass to the backside from the same motion/look.

That was a very effective package for sustaining drives, and I’d like to see it again. For obvious reasons, I doubt that we will.

Thankfully, there are other good packages for 3rd and fewer than five. I’m not sure what DeBesse has planned.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

104 Georgia State
    105 Colorado
    106 Vanderbilt
    107 Illinois
    108 Kansas
    109 Syracuse
    110 New Mexico
    111 Tulsa
    112 Oregon State
    113 Nevada
    114 Tulane
    115 Georgia Southern
    116 Hawaii
    117 Central Michigan
    118 Louisiana-Lafayette
    119 East Carolina
    120 UMass
    121 Ball State
    122 Florida International
    123 Coastal Carolina
    124 San Jose State
    125 Charlotte
    126 Kent State
    127 Rice
    128 Texas State
    129 UTEP

Gross.
    Zach Towery
    Bachelor of Music 2009
    Master of Music 2012
    Reidsville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Rocket and Belly were paired in 2017, with at least the one play action pass to the backside from the same motion/look.

That was a very effective package for sustaining drives, and I’d like to see it again. For obvious reasons, I doubt that we will.

Thankfully, there are other good packages for 3rd and fewer than five. I’m not sure what DeBesse has planned.
    yep, and those RB's/slots, our playmakers better catch those dink passes over in the flat or it could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Honestly I hope we keep a flex package because rocket toss is my favorite play hands down. We also showed that we had some constraints built off that play as well, then add in the belly play and any constraints you can build off that and I think it's a good change of pace.
    Why do you need the flex to do functionally what the rocket toss does?

In the two back set you can do the same thing except you can more easily add a fake handoff and you will have an H-back blocking for you instead of a second slotback.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Why do you need the flex to do functionally what the rocket toss does?

In the two back set you can do the same thing except you can more easily add a fake handoff and you will have an H-back blocking for you instead of a second slotback.
    I would think being in the gun/pistol creates some timing and angle issues. The instant snap under center creates a quicker toss and shallower angle which allows the slot to outflank the defense. From the gun/pistol you would be too slow on the snap and too deep in the backfield giving the defense time to react.