TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Troy Series

Default Re: Troy Series

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I think Parker pitching 3 innings is huge! Not just for GS but for him. You do realize it was his first time back on the mound since his injury? He did very well tonight.
    Great job by Parker and the 3 guys that followed him. Mitch is starting to hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I think Parker pitching 3 innings is huge! Not just for GS but for him. You do realize it was his first time back on the mound since his injury? He did very well tonight.
    This is huge! A pitching staff maligned by injuries is also starting to get healthy. Now that all the pieces are coming back in place I can see why the coaching staff was excited about this team. Unfortunately, the injuries killed any early momentum and the team lost some swag and tanked early to mid season. We also found out that there is not a lot of depth in this team but now that the front line guys are back I see them gaining confidence in the field andon the mound. I really like AT at short, really has shored up the infield allowing Golden to be in his natural position. This team can hit the ball they just have to find some leadership at the plate. Golden may be the guy that gets it going. He can go on long streaks of wearing the ball out. Looking forward to following this weekend and hopefully will see us pick up the series and stay ahead of Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    This is huge! A pitching staff maligned by injuries is also starting to get healthy. Now that all the pieces are coming back in place I can see why the coaching staff was excited about this team. Unfortunately, the injuries killed any early momentum and the team lost some swag and tanked early to mid season. We also found out that there is not a lot of depth in this team but now that the front line guys are back I see them gaining confidence in the field andon the mound. I really like AT at short, really has shored up the infield allowing Golden to be in his natural position. This team can hit the ball they just have to find some leadership at the plate. Golden may be the guy that gets it going. He can go on long streaks of wearing the ball out. Looking forward to following this weekend and hopefully will see us pick up the series and stay ahead of Troy.
    Skip moved Curry way down in order, Curry responds with 2 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Great job by Parker and the 3 guys that followed him. Mitch is starting to hit!
    8 innings of shut out ball, who says we don't have a bull pen!, great job kids.

What’s our record now? How are we trending? Do we have a good shot at winning the SBC?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    What’s our record now? How are we trending? Do we have a good shot at winning the SBC?
    (1) 25-22 (2) 8-3 since getting swept by USA...so up. We're healthy now. (3) Partly cloudy. Check link below.

http://www.gseagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

We have won 9 of the last 12.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    With Brian and Seth we are ALWAYS in the game, the concern remains HITTING. Another concern would be the 3rd starter. It really is a shame that we don't have a true "closer" other than Chase. So because of our two starters I say yes, we have a shot at winning the SBC but with the inconsistent hitting(.239 team BA), chances of winning are decreased. If we do win it, I would call it an "upset".

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    With Brian and Seth we are ALWAYS in the game, the concern remains HITTING. Another concern would be the 3rd starter. It really is a shame that we don't have a true "closer" other than Chase. So because of our two starters I say yes, we have a shot at winning the SBC but with the inconsistent hitting(.239 team BA), chances of winning are decreased. If we do win it, I would call it an "upset".
    I agree. The good news is like Garns said - Eichhorn and Shuman are both capable of hiding our subpar hitting and lack of depth in bullpen. We can definitely beat any team in the SBC.

But the bad news is that getting great efforts from those two means that - at best - they might be able to throw a few more innings each the rest of the tournament. There are some really good offensive teams that our bullpen can’t handle and that our bats can’t keep up with.

In a double elimination tournament setting, we’d need two good starts and wins from Eich/Seth, 5+ innings from Johnson or John’s (or Parker if he’s up to it), and then fly by the seat of our pants from there.

If nothing else, we have a long trend of outperforming our seed in the conference tournament.